[sharing] forexgrid bot

Re: [sharing] forexgrid bot

I test each pair, but only work at USDJPY, I think need set MagicNumber,... for each pair.

btw, how the result?

and question about time GMT, should we convert first our Broker/server to GMT than add it to setting?

exp.:

My Broker GMT +2 => Setting for USDJPY should 16 to 1 GMT <= like this!? @-)

please help... (ryaz)

Thank's

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ryaz

THanks for sharing - which version is the one at ../990048?

I understand that there is a new version 2.73 from June-2009 - this doesn't just cut the loosing trades as EndTime 2 GMT, and some other features including:

1) Number of Orders Per Grid : This will allow you to control how many orders per side should get triggered

2) Grid Spacing : This is a feature that will allow you to either contract the grid or expand it as much as you want. I'm sure many of you will enjoy this feature as it will allow you to experiment with many more pairs

3) Debug Settings: This will display all the configuration settings on the upper left hand side , including version number . I know many of you asked for this as you did not know if your system was active.

Has anyone seen a manual for this EA (I don't mean the GB ebook)?

Thanks in advance, guys.

TT

Hello,

I have tested this EA before and would like to share my observation follows:

1.) The Publisher of this EA claimed that most EA available in the market make buy and selll order based on "Oversold" & "Overbought" condition whereas, for their EA does not. But from what I could observed is that Once enter into a particular position, the EA make all the trades in the same direction! ( For example: Buy for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on..) It seems to me that the EA in actual fact also make their trades decision based on "Oversold" & "Overbought" condition, if not, it wouldn't be open trade in the same direction that believe the market will move in accordance.

2.) Typically, when the 1st trade suffers some floating lose, the second trade will be opened (same direction with the 1st trade!)... If the second trade also suffers some floating lose, the third trades will be opened and so forth.... If the 5th trades are opened and it hits the target profit... It will closed and the less of the trades will be floating until they reach the target profit respectively... What if the market goes against them after the 5th trade closed....and hit the Grid lose of let say $250.... all the positions will be closed and leave a huge lose into the account....If luckily, will be breakeven.... But most of the cases, are not just lose... but big lose....:( (You can try it with usdjpy or gbpjpy pair, even they highly recommnded us to trade gbpjpy!)

3.) It is fun to see the profits rolling in so quickly and easy in the begining... but when reach the end especially the time to close up all the open trades (Either hit the Grid lose or Stoptime) you will be very sad...:(

4.) This EA publisher actually copied the marketing tactics of FAPturbo and I think they are very secretive as their webpage only gave a very brief or general info about the creator..."X-banker" if I am not mistaken :)

I am just curious. Why most of the EA creators (esp: scalper EA) just sell their EAs without giving the best optimised settings to their buyers? (eg: Fapturbo)... I doubt they themselve also do not know the best settings..:(

cos the seller want, the customer to refund their money,... :)) :))

Hi apple1937

I have been running the 500 version on a live account for a couple of weeks and it is currently up . I run it on defaults settings with 2 changes - the StartHour to match my broker, and also since 2-June I reduced lot size to 0.05 as it too easily hit the safety net with the default 0.1 lot.

Which version did you test? If you have only 6 parameters then it is the old version. I have not been able to find the new version 2.73, but am still searching.

I am comfortable to continue running this version live in small size, but suspect that the new version might be better.

TT

Hi apple1937

I have been running the 500 version on a live account for a couple of weeks and it is currently up . I run it on defaults settings with 2 changes - the StartHour to match my broker, and also since 2-June I reduced lot size to 0.05 as it too easily hit the safety net with the default 0.1 lot.

Which version did you test? If you have only 6 parameters then it is the old version. I have not been able to find the new version 2.73, but am still searching.

I am comfortable to continue running this version live in small size, but suspect that the new version might be better.

TT

Hi Tactical can you share your result (mt4live.com)

thank's

Hello Tactical Trader,

When this EA released on that day, I already bought and tried it on my Alpari Demo Account. So honestly, I do not know which version that I was using at that time. Since I received not a satisfactory result, so I requested for a refund and never ever test or follow the development of this EA. If I am not mistaken, in order to use the EA on the live account, you need to inform the creator and it will only be activated....

By the way, I just followed the instructions given by the creator in his manual and I really fed tired in tweaking here and there to get a good result..:(

Hello Tactical Trader,

Are you using the "educated" version from this forum? If not, which version that you are using now? From this thread? I wondered why there is no restrictions on using them on live account without informing the creator about your account numbers and broker..:)

Try these

USDJPY, LotSize 0.1, SafetyNet -300, 18 to 3 GMT

GBPJPY, LotSize 0.05, SafetyNet -150, 18 to 3 GMT

CHFJPY, LotSize 0.01, SafetyNet -30, 18 to 3 GMT

EURJPY, LotSize 0.01, SafetyNet -30, 18 to 3 GMT

EURCHF, LotSize 0.01, SafetyNet -20, 9 to 3 GMT

EURCAD, LotSize 0.05, SafetyNet -100, 9 to 3 GMT

with

Code:

hxxp://www.forexsharing.com/990048

pass:ryaz

I go with ryaz give, Gridbot_1000, result is good so far,... (tested Account). \m/

Thanks alot, Wirastomo....

By the way, the version that you have given "hxxp://www.forexsharing.com/990048 pass:ryaz" can be used in Live Account?

I am using Alpari UK now (With GMT offset = +2).

Does it mean that I have to Add +2 for the GMT?

For example: 18 to 3 GMT becomes 20 to 5?

9 to 3 GMT becomes 12 to 5?

Whereby, 5, 12 & 20 are my MT4 market watch where the EA starts to trade?

;))

By the way, the version that you have given "hxxp://www.forexsharing.com/990048 pass:ryaz" can be used in Live Account?

;))

live account not yet tested, if want go live I think just disable with "//" before code: "!IsTesting() or !IsDemo()" in side the mq4 code (sorry I'm not a coder... :P ).

time setting is Conver GMT times given, to your server/broker time.

I can't share my mt4stats firstly because I run MT4 from my work PC which does not allow me to tunnel out though the firewall, and also because I run another EA on the account.

I tried to list the trades but the spacing was rubbish, so I've shown below the pips earned/lost for each day in June (note these are on a live account):

0.10 Lot Size

-------------

01-Jun 37

02-Jun -200

0.05 Lot Size

-------------

03-Jun 77

04-Jun 78

08-Jun -177

09-Jun 37

10-Jun 21

11-Jun 57

15-Jun 76

16-Jun 81

You can see that I reduced the lot size on 3-Jun, because I found the default (3 x 0.1 lots) was too easy to hit the safety net. Rather than increase the safety net, I elected to reduce the lot size, but you can do whatever suits your risk appetite. The $ profits are small, but it's the pips that count. If results continue, I will consider increasing the lot size and safetynet.

I run with 18/1 for Start/EndHour [FGB recommends 12pm - 7pm EST] and my broker is GMT+2. Note open/close times above are AEST (Australia).

One of the biggest problems is that it closes all open trades at the EndHour - preferable would be to continue to monitor but not open any new trades, or maybe put on a stop, etc. I think this is being considered for a new version. V2.8 is coming out on Friday 19-June, but this is a mini release with auto GMT/timezone compensation. I'd like to get my hands on v2.73 though, which gives us control over the grid spacing, etc.

Apple - did you say you have a manual? If so, can you share, even if it is an old version?

TT

;))

Alpari UK i have found best settings to be 18 - 1 input in EA settings.

;))

Alpari UK i have found best settings to be 18 - 1 input in EA settings.

what your pair, can you share your setting. Thx

• 4 weeks later...