The L.M.T Forex Formula

Re: [REQ]The L.M.T Forex Formula

As far as I have seen so far, it is excellent. Just unsure of when TP and SL was effective.

It could have been when the candle crossed the MA, or it could have been effective on the last signal, or I guess it could be effective on the current candle. Just not sure which.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I have seen so far, it is excellent. Just unsure of when TP and SL was effective.

It could have been when the candle crossed the MA, or it could have been effective on the last signal, or I guess it could be effective on the current candle. Just not sure which.

This is a very good point. When you first load this on a chart, it has a current trend and TP / SL levels. However it is my understanding that an actual signal will show up then you manually check the 4 things as stated in the manual. I just loaded this up and will see what happens upon the close of this 4hr candle.

I believe the TP and SL levels are from the current price of the Alert/Close right before or at the point of the alert. Nevertheless if your within 5 to 8 pips off I'm sure it won't make a difference.

everything is done on the close of one candle - opening of the next.

so exit is done what the candle closes above the MA line.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

In 2 days LMT only gave me 1 signal?

And with you ?

that is what i would expect. i havent tried it yet - but its not a frequent trader.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

anyone figure out how the trend is determined?

The trend is the slope of the Hull MA(80) for the immediately higher timeframe. The trigger is based on MACD(5,13,1) and the stoploss is EMA(10).

Hi

I have watched the video showing Dean entering a trade on the Euro/Usd triggered on the July 16 2007 daily chart. He claims that his system signalled a change to the down trend on the 4th July.

I cannot understand how he found this as the slope of the Hull MA(80) weekly (immediately higher timeframe) does not appear to show a downtrend till the week starting Aug 3rd.

Can you shed any light on this please?

hi, thanks for this, it's great.

I'm just having a few issues though like. I'm trading H4 on 9 currencies and am doing quite well, however I can't figure out what to set the stop loss at once is pasts the "First Target". So... i'm in profit it reaches x and x pips profit (first target) then it says I need to set the stoploss to "Break Even" but i can't figure out what it should be so i end up setting it to the first target and then if it drops below that it closes the order (obviously i'm in profit) but I could possibly have much larger profit trades.

I've read through the guide many times but it doesn't really help here.

I really need to look at the videos but the link that was posted earlier in the thread no longer works so I can't see the videos.

Any ideas how I can get hold of these or anyone has them?

Thanks again

i suppose u have to move the stop to break even point and wait for future profits)) when a candle close above|under EMA10, u sould close ur position. its simple.

shure u can take 100-200 pips, but if ull miss a big movie after closing ur position?

also u have to move ur stop only once.

maby i didnt understand your question.

well what i meant is it says in the guide to move the stoploss to "break even" point which is fine. But how am i meant to figure out what stoploss to set it at for breakeven? is there a calculation or something.

Like.. My trade might be in profit by +$50 once it reaches it's "first target" so this is when i change my stoploss so that I can no longer lose money in the trade. But then i don't know how to figure out at what decimals the stoploss would be to be "break even" or "0.00"

Trend is HMA and Trigger is MACD.

But here is a weird thing I noticed on GBPUSD. When I open 4h chart I get an uptrend signal. Then I go to daily chart and I get an uptrend signal too. Then to weekly chart I get a downtrend signal and back to daily chart I get a downtrend signal.

So which one is it on the daily chart, up or down?