EA creation from potential system

Hi, I would like to quote a system proposed in other forum that seemed have huge potential. If you can code this EA, I think it would be a great contribution to us all.

(1) Brief description of your EA / indicator

Answer: it's a trending EA with locking mechanism (I did not know the details of the technical indicator she use but you can see it in the source code. I also have attached the template and screen shot so you can see how it works in action)

(2) Which indicators should be monitored before building the logic?

Answer: the indicator named GJ.mq4 but you have to use the template first since it has certain settings in order the color to show up

(3) Entry

* When should it open a buy position?

* When should it open a sell position?

Answer:The entry is simple, when the color changes from blue to red wait for the candle to close and then open sell and if changes from red to blue (also when the candle close) open buy.

The difference would be the lot size.

Okay here it goes.

If the color red => blue ===> open buy (for example 0.1 lot)

If then blue => red ======> open sell (this time twice the original lot, 0.2 lot)

If then red => blue ======> open buy (same twice the original lot, 0.2 lot)

so on...

(4) Exit

* When should it close a buy position?

* When should it close a sell position?

Answer:

* If at the end of the initial order (at the closing candle of the changed color) we are in positive, close the order and then start the new cycle again.

* If at the end of the initial order we are in negative, initiate the next order.

* Once we have 3 or more open position (for example buy, sell, buy) and then the color changes again, before opening an order we analyze it first if there was a profit in buy position ie. the opposite order that we are going to take (if there is, find the lowest one and then close it) and then open another sell order.

* If in the middle of the trade the accumulated open position was in profit, close all OP immediately (this I think should be done in pips, when the overall position was in certain pips then the EA will close all open position), if not, continue the cycle.

* No SL

(5) Trade Options

* TP = ?

* SL = ?

* TS = ?

Answer: refer to no. 5

(6) Any other important info that's missed in the above sections

Answer: I think the most difficult task is determining the overall profit to close (it will be discretionary for each trader and should be placed as an external variables in the EA)

If there's more that you want to know please let me know. Thanks

and here's the indicator and the template (best at 5M tf I think).

http://ops.brb.dj/hk93roums2o1

http://www.forexfactory.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=246956&d=1242321165

Re: [Req] a creation of an EA from this potential system

Kl hasil sih saya baru coba beberapa kali trading aja plus simulasi pake excel (dan berhasil) soalnya nunggu chartnya cape bro.. tiap closing candle OP melulu, tapi ini emang memungkinkan sih untuk dapetin profit yang lumayan. Rahasianya itu di trend panjang yang memungkinkan hedging itu terecover makanya ini memungkinkan untuk dapetin profit yang lumayan cuma kalo mau tes lebih mendalam memang kudu pake EA.

I have obtained a favorable results from forward testing and simulation using excel (although it's only done occasionally since I don't have much time to wait for the overall trade to be positive and then close all position). The secret lies in the continuous strong trend which will recover the hedged transaction which enable us to gain profit but in order to establish prudent result, it has to be tested consistently by an EA.

recommended settings:

5M : i_Trend = "140%"

H1 : i_Trend = "90%"

H4 : i_Trend = "70%"

Hi bakso...ada hasil test nya gk?

is there any test result?

if it's okay in result...I'll try to make the EA.

good luck. i can help optimise it.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Here you go .. but doesn't work .. looks like it have some connection with template.

http://www.4shared.com/file/105670540/9778a316/GJ_EA_v1.html

I saw that your code looks at indicator index 0 & 1 from GJ to find out if the color is blue/red. These indices are dummies, you should use indices 4&5 instead. In fact, the first 4 are not used at all.

recommended settings:

5M : i_Trend = "140%"

H1 : i_Trend = "90%"

H4 : i_Trend = "70%"

Actually the indicator does not use these input parameters at all, so these settings are not relevant. You can read the source codes to confirm.

Here you go .. but doesn't work .. looks like it have some connection with template.

http://www.4shared.com/file/105670540/9778a316/GJ_EA_v1.html

I saw that your code looks at indicator index 0 & 1 from GJ to find out if the color is blue/red. These indices are dummies, you should use indices 4&5 instead. In fact, the first 4 are not used at all.

can the fix be done?

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

I just tried backtesting it and seemed the logic of the EA was not correct, after the EA put initial buy order of 0.1 lot, at the end of the trend if the position was negative the EA will initiate sell order twice of the initial order (that is 0.2 lot) and then if still in negative and the end of the trend, the EA will put buy order twice of the initial order (that is 0.2 lot) and the next order would also the same, that is twice of initial order.

In the backtesting result, the EA was only making single lot order, that is 0.1 lot only for any order position. Please refer back to the first thread for details. Thanks

Hello altoronto, I'm not sure if you are still tweaking this ea but if you are and have the time could I please ask for a slight variation. I tried to do it myself but had no luck.

Basically I am just looking for the ea to place an order at the close of a change in bar color and then let the trade run until the bar\s turns color (changes direction) . At this point the first trade would be closed and another trade opened in the direction of the new bar, starting the cycle over again.

This would leave only 1 trade running at a time in the direction of the trend.

Thankyou for your kind help in this request.

Neil

Hi and thanks flor your quick reply. Perhaps I am missing something but the default max order is already set at 1 but the ea still opens a new order at the close of each bar. If I want only 1 order running until the bars change color is there something else that needs to be changed? I apologize if I am missing something.

Thanks

rollo