FX Point and Figure trading (including working indicators)

Re: FX Point and Figure trading (including working indicators)

Hi guys,

Would someone be kind enough to repost a link to this system as none of the above posted links seem to work...

Thanks! :)

Hi, rocwell!

Please go back to page no. 3 and you'll find working mirror posted by pasavento (just tested, it works).

Pass to archive is in the first page post no.1.

Please take your time and read the thread (especially such a short one - 5 pages only) to understand what was discussed if you're interested in this SYS.

Otherwise that could be that after reading just a few posts you will yourself uninterested in trying this SYS - so no point to download it. :)

Regards, :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone trading this system live still? Seems like a solid system after reading the manuals.

I run ot on demo for a while. It is a good system, but unfortunately does not fit to my schedule, as you have to be always in front of (or near to) the computer watching the price figures developing. There are no alarms etc.

Is anyone trading this system live still? Seems like a solid system after reading the manuals.

I run ot on demo for a while. It is a good system, but unfortunately does not fit to my schedule, as you have to be always in front of (or near to) the computer watching the price figures developing. There are no alarms etc.

Yes, I've decided to try this on real money a/c till Feb 28, 2010. Let's see :) I'll post the results after Feb 28th.

Hi, my suggestion would be to change the 'box value' to 50 or 100. It would similar to trading the 4H and Daily charts and you could check the market developments at the end of the day!

;) cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for any updates ^:)^

Tried this for the first time today on aud/usd (5 pip value boxes), typical with my luck :"> looked like a great entry only to be stopped out.

Maybe I should have given more room? as usual trade ended up going +40ish - I was already stopped out at -30ish

anyone else playing with this?

http://www.imagechicken.com/uploads/tn1265746052078833800.jpg

Bump for any updates ^:)^

Tried this for the first time today on aud/usd (5 pip value boxes), typical with my luck :"> looked like a great entry only to be stopped out.

Maybe I should have given more room? as usual trade ended up going +40ish - I was already stopped out at -30ish

anyone else playing with this?

http://www.imagechicken.com/uploads/tn1265746052078833800.jpg

My suggestion would be to change the box size to 10 or 20. And Trade with the trend.

cheers ;)

At the moment i have it running on the following pairs (5min charts)

GBPUSD (10pip box)

EURUSD (5pip box)

USDCAD(5pip box)

EURJPY(5pip box)

AUDUSD(5pip box)

Change them all to 10 minimum?

Cheers.

Hi,

Sorry, it would be a blunder to change all of them to 10. You need to customize them according to the personality of the pairs!

Which time frame do you trade? 15m / 5m / Daily?

I trade 1H and 4H. Find out the ATR value of the pair in that timeframe - that's the box size of the pair. Depend less on patters, keep sharp eye on the S&R levels.

nJoy!! & haPPy trAding :D

** if you found this info helpful, feel free to say kudoz ;)

Yes, I've decided to try this on real money a/c till Feb 28, 2010. Let's see :) I'll post the results after Feb 28th.

Hi, my suggestion would be to change the 'box value' to 50 or 100. It would similar to trading the 4H and Daily charts and you could check the market developments at the end of the day!

;) cheers

please tell us how you've done so far, is it manual or are you using the EA?

GBPUSD (10pip box)

EURUSD (5pip box)

USDCAD(5pip box)

EURJPY(5pip box)

AUDUSD(5pip box)

Change them all to 10 minimum?

Cheers.[/color][/size]

Hi,

Sorry, it would be a blunder to change all of them to 10. You need to customize them according to the personality of the pairs!

Which time frame do you trade? 15m / 5m / Daily?

I trade 1H and 4H. Find out the ATR value of the pair in that timeframe - that's the box size of the pair. Depend less on patters, keep sharp eye on the S&R levels.

nJoy!! & haPPy trAding :D

** if you found this info helpful, feel free to say kudoz ;)

Hey sheetal, I don't understand how using the ATR for box size would help, would this not be the same as trading off the 1day chart, because the ATR is calculated on a daily basis is it not?

please tell us how you've done so far, is it manual or are you using the EA?

Hi hermanhess,

Thanks for reminding. I'm trading manually. I don't believe in EA(s).

Well, about the performance, nothing much impressive - I'm just beginner in trading (started in Feb '10). I find day trading too engaging and stressful #:-S that why I try trading more relaxed manner and on higher timeframes (read bigger box sizes) Till date, my account shows +5%. Nothing major. Missed couple of good trades thou.

Moreover, I'd like to specify that I don't restrict myself to the patterns only but do monitor the current S&R levels. I think Patters are good for providing confirmations. Moreover, I do have couple of 'internal issues' to address. Such as my risks per trade are variable sometimes 1% other times 3%!

Here we go:

http://i47.tinypic.com/51oh1i.jpg

cheers :-bd

• 1 month later...