VS_eurocross

Hi liuquanguan,

You seem to be the DLL crack guru and I wanted to ask in behalf of the forum if you can crack the DLL for the VS_EUROCROSS EA which has a hard coded expiry date. It seems to be a really good performer on EURCHF and EURGBP M15. It appears that the author has written it in ActiveX and it contains the function getTime() which is called by the MQ4 code to inquire about the expiry date and if it is exceeded then the DLL does not issue the calculations. Its current expiry date is June 07, 2009. Here is the download URL for the EA:

http://www.4shared.com/file/101857089/6d88b8ef/vs_eurocross_d02.html

and the MQ4 decompilation (thanks to eggzactly)

http://www.4shared.com/file/103568044/8b4ee32f/VS_EUROCROSS_D02.html

Thank you in advance

Re: [req] request for VS_eurocross DLL crack

here ,try this ,i fix it to year 2017

http://rapid*share.com/files/229771619/volatily.dll.html

Hi liuganquan,

I just checked it and it shows expiration in 2017 while it is idle trading so it seems your mod works great. Just a comment for the members that are backtesting this and planning to use it live. I cannot see much difference in performance between VS_EURCHF (mql4 only) and VS_Eurocross (with DLL). I think the author moved the Keltner volatility check into the DLL and protected his concept to make sure he gets "donations" by locking up his EA. I am not a fan of using a DLL with MT4 as I am sure many of you will agree. The main reasons are as follows:

1. Slow backtest and slow live performance (remember the data has to be passed to the DLL through a thread and calculation must be made and then has to be sent back to MT4).

2. Frequent crashes (more often in the middle of the night while sleeping!)

3. Unsafe to use since we are unable to know what the author has programmed inside the DLL. Remember a DLL can wreak havoc on your system by doing all kinds of things.

Me personally I will not put real money on an DLL based EA. Yeah its nice to backtest and demo trade it but when it comes to real money I do not like to put my real money on some piece of code that I have not looked at and feel comfortable with.

Thank you again liuganquan for your outstanding work!

I follow the development of vs_eurocross since version d01, and make a friendship with the author . What I know from it's author that vs_eurchf has a signigicant difference with vs_eurocross. The author tell me that vs_eurchf "tend to trade inside the channel" while vs eurocross "trade outside channel". He share me the original vseurocrossd01.ex4 without dll , and seem it's still less drawdown then vs_eurocross_d02 with dll.

I think if someone can crack the dll file, it's better to put all the code in mql4 for better performance.

I follow the development of vs_eurocross since version d01, and make a friendship with the author . What I know from it's author that vs_eurchf has a signigicant difference with vs_eurocross. The author tell me that vs_eurchf "tend to trade inside the channel" while vs eurocross "trade outside channel". He share me the original vseurocrossd01.ex4 without dll , and seem it's still less drawdown then vs_eurocross_d02 with dll.

I think if someone can crack the dll file, it's better to put all the code in mql4 for better performance.

I fully agree that all the code should be placed in the mql4 based EA. The author is simply putting some parts of it it in the DLL to "protect" his concept and make sure he gets donations. But in the process - he shoots himself in the foot! Why? Because he needs to program indicators that mimic the mql4 indicators as C++ code which is not an easy task. Mistakes can happen and the DLL programmed indicators will never match the mq4 quality. So the EA performance suffers and it becomes very slow compared to the 100% mq4 based EA.

By the way the "VS_eurocross" EA based on the DLL (real or cracked) does not issue any live trades, even though the backtest looks very good. Anybody was able to get it to trade on a demo yet?

I fully agree that all the code should be placed in the mql4 based EA. The author is simply putting some parts of it it in the DLL to "protect" his concept and make sure he gets donations. But in the process - he shoots himself in the foot! Why? Because he needs to program indicators that mimic the mql4 indicators as C++ code which is not an easy task. Mistakes can happen and the DLL programmed indicators will never match the mq4 quality. So the EA performance suffers and it becomes very slow compared to the 100% mq4 based EA.

By the way the "VS_eurocross" EA based on the DLL (real or cracked) does not issue any live trades, even though the backtest looks very good. Anybody was able to get it to trade on a demo yet?

U r right. There is a difference between using dll or not. There are many miss in backtest using dll version. At the end if we really want to use this EA for live, we should ask the author for suggestion, we don't know what the expert will do (crack or real) when (real) become expiring.

• 1 year later...