Trading in the Buff course by John Templeton

I'd like to share "Trading in the BUFF" by John Templeton. Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d6tzhlziezm  OR 
[url]http://rapidshare.com/files/199488967/buffX.rar[/url]

[url]http://tradinginthebuff.com/[/url]

Enjoy!

Advertisement for this product by the publisher:

How taking the less is more approach leads to success in the Forex Market!

From the Desk of John Templeton,

Creator of Trading in the Buff

Hello My Fellow Forex Trader:

It seems pretty obvious that the more complicated we make trading, the harder it’s going to be to make real money trading forex. For whatever the reason, people just don’t seem to listen.

How else would that explain why only 5% of forex traders make any money? If all these “magical” indicators and robots worked, why are there so many people crashing their accounts?

All these overpriced indicators provide absolutely NO insight to the market!!

So, why are people spending their hard earned money on all this garbage? It’s simple. Most traders don’t really have a clue what’s going on in the market.

They would much rather just fill their charts with indicators telling them when and how to trade.

Almost All Trading Indicators Are Lagging.

• 1 month later...

Re: Trading in the Buff course by John Templeton

hi fxknight thanks for the files, and this is the most excellent manual that really works on me, how long have you been using this method, can we discuss more about this, since im sure u have more experience then me. can i ask you few question.

1) what kind of trading method that u used, is it 30pip(with the trend) or breakout, for the time being im only using the 1st one with the trend and it really works but not taking more then 15pips( just need to build my confidence 1st and i hate to take to long to make profit)

2) what time frame is the best, and pair so that i can have more trading opportunity so that i can make more profit?

3) tq in advance

• 4 months later...

Hi fxnight,

I am having problems with viewing the videos (chapter 1 is fine, but not all others), I've tried to play on Media Player and Real Player and they crash all the time.

But it works on Quicktime player, the only problem is that there is no sound. :(

Can you help me on this issue?

Would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

I found links to all of the videos in the main thread for this course which is viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1263

I quite like this method, not as a trading system but as a way of confirming s/r. The explanation about how this happens seems reasonable although the pattern only seems to be reliable on the higher TF charts.

I've written an indicator which puts a symbol on bar1 on the 3 bar pattern although I'm not 100% sure it's properly written as I'm still learning the code so use at your own risk [-O<

http://www.mediafire.com/?mydczyv0qjd

He explains that bar2 should be longest so I've added a variable for the middle bar ratio which is just the percentage of bar2 length that bars1 and bars3 must be under. Have a play with the number and choose what you think is best, obviously the lower the ratio the less patterns that will be shown.

Edited by flib
Updated link

Hi fxnight,

I am having problems with viewing the videos (chapter 1 is fine, but not all others), I've tried to play on Media Player and Real Player and they crash all the time.

But it works on Quicktime player, the only problem is that there is no sound. :(

Can you help me on this issue?

Would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Try VLC player.I don't have any problem viewing the videos with it.

• 3 months later...

Could someone please re post the indicator, the link was removed for inactive 30days

I found links to all of the videos in the main thread for this course which is viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1263

I quite like this method, not as a trading system but as a way of confirming s/r. The explanation about how this happens seems reasonable although the pattern only seems to be reliable on the higher TF charts.

I've written an indicator which puts a symbol on bar1 on the 3 bar pattern although I'm not 100% sure it's properly written as I'm still learning the code so use at your own risk [-O<

http://www.badongo.com/file/18263726

He explains that bar2 should be longest so I've added a variable for the middle bar ratio which is just the percentage of bar2 length that bars1 and bars3 must be under. Have a play with the number and choose what you think is best, obviously the lower the ratio the less patterns that will be shown.

• 2 weeks later...

i've a question:

in chapter 6, under the ways of trading this method, he talks about finding the trend and tradiing with the trend as described in steps 1-4.

but he's silent on precisely how to put in a trade when you've discovered a 123pattern which is my question actually.

how do you trade that pattern after discovering the trend direction. is it via the support and resistance or countertrades?

how do the experienced users on this forum trade the pattern? :-/

also if trading via support and resistance, isn't it possible for price to not come near your entry thereby missing out on what may have been a good trade?

lastly, is there a way of trading this strategy on one timeframe, say maybe the daily for instance?

many thanks in advance.

As I said a few months back ^^ I don't really see this pattern as a trading indicator but bar 1 can be viewed as an area of interest when/if the price returns to that level. It's very similar to the support/resistance ideas that are shown in the Sam Seiden videos (easily found with google).

If you see this three bar pattern in a higher TF then wait to see if the price retraces and if it does you can drop down to a lower TF and prepare your trade depending on what happens once it gets there. I seem to remember the PDF explains a few different scenarios and even the author isn't recommending you use this as a simple blind indicator, you need to consider the larger picture.

thanks flib for the quick reply

from your reply i think i've an idea of how to trade this method even on one timeframe:

say i want to trade only on the dailies, i determine the trend on the higher timeframes(weekly, monthly) and also watch out for a pattern there, if i see one, then i drop to my preferred timeframe(daily) and prepare my trade, via a corresponding pattern in the direction of the trend(determined from the higher timeframes).

this way i'll be trading with the bigger picture(overall trend) in mind.

what do you think?

I agree not only is it accurate its based on sound principles as well its actually the same as Sam Seiden's system, its basically the same thing from another perspective.

Very powerful on higher tf's

Here's a trade today which worked out very well

Those of you who are interested in stress free long term trading do the following

1)watch this course

2)watch the sam seiden fxstreet training seminar

3)learn the J16 pin bars for additional analysis

Here's a trade of a couple of hours ago which worked out very well using this principle just 5 pips drawdown this time not always the case of course but luck was on my side for this one.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5746/chart2.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...