M5G Cyborg Robot

Re: [REQ]M5G Cyborg Robot

Backtests don't mean anything. They are nextdoor to useless. Backtest results vary wildly from one Broker to another Broker. There are also many instances where an EA is not set up to be backtested. All these EA's with a hard sales pitch showing incredible backtest results will very very rarely stand up to proper scrutiny.

The only way to determine profitabilty of any EA is through forward testing.

it depends how the system operates.

i have systems that trade very similar to how they backtest.

i have some that are nothing like it.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Backtests don't mean anything. They are nextdoor to useless. Backtest results vary wildly from one Broker to another Broker. There are also many instances where an EA is not set up to be backtested. All these EA's with a hard sales pitch showing incredible backtest results will very very rarely stand up to proper scrutiny.

The only way to determine profitabilty of any EA is through forward testing.

it depends how the system operates.

i have systems that trade very similar to how they backtest.

i have some that are nothing like it.

As long as you get 90% modelling quality your EA backtest should be 99% identical to real trading. The exception is an EA that relies on low spreads (such as ISEA) when the backtest will not match at all since MT4 backtest engine issues its own spread during backtest and this cannot be changed. As long as your EA can handle the backtest spread and the modelling quality is high, you can trust the backtest.

Regards

sometimes that 10% is the difference if the EA is sensitive to price movements and needs quite exact circumstances to operate.

some indicators also dont give exactly the same results on backtest as live.

so while its a good test, its no replacement for a live test. i will rule out EAs on backtests, but never go straight from backtest to live.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Backtested this - always drives account equity into the ground:-(

I guess a newer version is needed to see if we can get better results - even tried the recommended settings from the website but it crashes account between 2007-2008 no matter how low risk

dont understand how such good results on their website if this EA sucks so bad - can it be this version is not a proper "educated" version?

i see on the website the newest version is v2.0 - anyone has this one? :?

danke.

• 2 weeks later...

Be sure you know which version you are talking about.. There is the M5 Cyborg and then there is the M5G Cyborg..

Quote from ue4x site..

"

The New M5G Cyborg v 1.3.8 is even more accurate than the original M5 Cyborg v 2.0.

"

The one just presented by sgteo is M5G v 1.3.8.. The newest as far as I can tell...

Be sure you know which version you are talking about.. There is the M5 Cyborg and then there is the M5G Cyborg..

Quote from ue4x site..

"

The New M5G Cyborg v 1.3.8 is even more accurate than the original M5 Cyborg v 2.0.

"

The one just presented by sgteo is M5G v 1.3.8.. The newest as far as I can tell...

Hi It's either there was never a version 1 or this is a marketing gimmick... Coz my copy was about 1 and half months ago and I just downloaded from sgteo version... the codes still look the same....

Also... I can't find that statement with regards to the V2 being released on eu4x.com site?

:?: :?:

Hi All

You can help me, please

Why the Ea not works with my broker ?

I have used the version http://depositfiles.com/files/q8zo46eom

Thank Lisa

Hi,

Has the limitations to this EA removed ?

I.e. would it just work on any live accounts and will not expire ?

Please advise... as I noticed that even I have set the EA to trade "around" the clock, I don't see any trades...

According to the screen-shot of the live account running this EA, there is an expiry date on the top left hand corner... But I didn't see any on this version..

Thanks for your help.

Re: M5G Cyborg Robot

Hi,

I am not getting any trades for the past one week on my live account.

I have entered my account number in the EA settings too.

Is it because my account number is not registered at their server hence it would not work ?

I wonder is there any restriction that this EA has that has not been fixed ?

I am using the "M5G Cyborg v1.3.8 Copyright © 2008-2009 www.eu4x.com"

Please advise.

Thanks.

Re: M5G Cyborg Robot

i backtested it on each of their settings and it blew account after account.

it goes along ok for a while. then *boom* if youre caught in a major movement.

so be careful, and perhaps thankful you dont have an educated version.

there should be an educated version in this thread though.