Choosing a Broker Company

I guess some of the key issues one would look at would be:

1. Is the broker a market-maker, STP or ECN type?

2. Does he allow flexible lots - I mean can you determine the size of your trade according to your risk preference?

3. Is there any restriction on the number of pips away you could place a stop loss?

4. What are the order types the platform offers?

5. What are the instruments offered?

6. Account minimum deposit required

7. Amount of leverage offered

8. Whether scalping and EA's are allowed

9. Whether properly registered with regulatory authorities, and client funds are segregated.

10. Research and charting facilities.

11. Reputation on internet forums.

Think this was of help.

Thank you for reading

Angela

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think these are some considerations for choosing a broker

1.) Customer Service
Most importantly, a broker's customer service must be excellent! 24/7 customer service reps available is an absolute must & you can't do without it. A quality customer service team is the first step to finding the best broker for you.

2.) Platform
Analyze the brokers trading platform. Are you comfortable with it? Does it have all the necessary information you need to trade? Is there a market news feed somewhere in the corner or somewhere else on the site?

3.) Mini/Micro Accounts
If you are a beginner, try looking for a broker which offers Mini & even micro accounts. For just a few hundred bucks you can test your trading skills, hone your market savy & learn the tricks of trading forex.

4.) Instant Execution of Your Orders
This is an absolute must! If execution isn't instant, as soon as you place your order, find a new broker.

5.) Do Your Research
Look online & check out forums for reviews of the broker you're thinking of trading with. Make sure that they have been around for a long time & that traders have had good experiences.

For the scalper traders, the speed and low spread are the best choice as the broker. i think the best places are armada marrkets. because in armada markets :

• Spreads as low as 0 pips
  • No re-quotes, delays nor interventions
  • ECN, STP, scalping, Expert Advisors

The lowest spread ever. InstaForex not offer spread like offered your broker. But it's not problem for me, because they give me free capital to trade. They also offer ForexCopy System.

always check for feed back and check rating sites and review sites for issues,like babypips, forexpeacearmy, there always a trader that has something to say about any broker, and the most important thing is to see if the broker did something about the issue, all brokers have problems, but the good once find a solution :)

• 3 weeks later...

Each forex broker has specific account withdrawal and funding policies. Brokers may allow account holders to fund accounts online with a credit card, via ACH payment or via PayPal, or with a wire transfer, bank check or business or personal check. Withdrawals can typically be made by check or by wire transfer. The broker may charge a fee for either service.

http://www.forex-metal.com/affiliate/46199/2

• 1 year later...

I really love doing Forex trading but at the same time I have a very control budget in hand to try it, hence I prefer using a broker that gives me maximum out of whatever I invest with them and that is where I seriously love OctaFX and I only choose them for trading. They have no fees system for deposit so whatever I invest I am going to get exact amount on the account and also same goes for withdrawal, so it might be small but for me saving this fees is a big deal.

i've been with many brokers for past years, shift brokers often, as for now i use Tickmill platform as primary use brokerage service. and appears become one of my best deal as they also provide provide flexibility in trading conditions, they’ve discounted me 10 cents per side on their commission account (so now I get 3.8 $ round-turn, instead of 4 $) just because of my passionate trading (over 150 trades monthly) with deposit over 10K.

Yes, my points was same before choosing my trading broker. I was also very anxious about my capital security in a broker. The problem is, maximum new Forex traders are unable to know the different with a scam broker from a true ECN trading broker. Therefore, they lose their trading confident for using market maker trading brokers. BY the way, I have managed most secure trading platform which ECN trading broker has 12 years trading experience and also has been awarded as ‘Best Forex Broker’ for several times that is ‘GCI’. Yes, I invest my capital in GCI Financial trading broker. Still, I never faced any kind of problem in this dependable trading platform.

we must be careful when choosing a broker because many brokers who scam. for the time being comfortable is Instaforex broker. with trading in instaforex then I can get the convenience of trading so that we will be able to trade with the maximum

You made a very valid point as security is often the biggest issue which we ignore, so they just start up with any broker and worst part is some brokers pretend to be ECN but in reality so it is tough to avoid scam in this scenario. I would suggest you to try OctaFX broker as they are a true ECN company and it will really make you forget every time due to their fabulous facilities like low spread of just 0.2 pips, so do check it out.

perhaps you may want to consider a brokers who survive the recent SNB aftermath. got and email from TM, no profit cancelled, got this email day after made 3400$ withdrawal from 30 minutes trading with GBPCHF!

Dear me
As you may already know, yesterday morning there was a very sudden and massive move in Swiss Franc pairs.

CHF pairs have never seen this record-high volatility.

Within few moments EURCHF dropped to below 1 from an early morning solid-high above 1.20. Other CHF pairs experienced similar extreme moves seen with EURCHF.
What does it mean for traders?

Of course, it was a golden-opportunity for many traders to earn quite a lot. Clients of many brokers, however, were not able to profit from this move due to requotes and rejects. Many brokers have started to cancel Client profits with reference to various causes and contract conditions. We are very sorry to see that happening!

Why Tickmill Clients remain calm?

Simple! Because as always, we didn’t issue a single re-quote and our Clients can keep their profits in their pockets.

We are proud to report that it is business as usual at Tickmill as client trading and all other processes are going normally.

Tickmill is proud of its strong reputation and integrity. We thank our customers for their continued loyalty and welcome new traders who want to experience outstanding service and execution.

This is Tickmill’s approach to trading and serving our clients! We welcome all new Clients!

Best regards,

Tickmill
Email: [email protected]