Forex Derivative PRO

Hi guys ,

There is a new version of Forex Derivative ; The developers claims it works according

to support - resistance leves , and that it is a reallt profitable EA.

There is also a vids in the web, explaining how it works .

It is called FOREX DERIVATIVE PRO .

The backtest are really amazing and profitable in several pairs .

By the other hand , it is not the " classic " forex derivative that all of us know ,

where the backtest were fifted . It is a new version , completely different .

I don,t know if the backtest are fifted too in this new version , because it is completely different.

So , I would like to know your experience with this EA .

Here is the web :

http://www.forexderivative.com/

No , it is not a polite way and no kind of such stupid idea .

If you know to read ( I suposse you know ) , it only ask for someone

who has experience of trading with this ea , in order to buy it or not.

Simply that . That is what is wrotten , and that is what it means .

I forward tested this. It is a sketchy programming of the support resistance idea. Even though it claims it has advanced features, it really is weak and poor. On my forward tests it gave back all the profit to the exact penny and it has had some losses. It does not have profit protection and stop-losses are HUGE. -- Archive that file somewhere, come back a year later and backtest then (or have patience to forward test it all the time) and I bet that it will be a loser.

• 3 weeks later...
I agree that Forex Derivative Pro is probably not worth the effort of education. Here is a forward test for 1.5 months. The results speak for themselves. This image can be downloaded from:
http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/JHNQSUAJ/Forex_Derivative_Pro_-_results_0.jpg_links

The Pro often starts good trades but does not know how to manage them, so potentially good trades with a significant Maximum Favorable Excursion are ending up at a loss. Also, back testing and optimization were capricious at best, or impossible.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

On 5-2-2010 (see above) I reported that Forex Derivative Pro has poor performance. Well, I did continue to follow it closely. Now, after 200 calendar days of forward testing on an Alpari UK platform, I completely change my mind, based on the performance I see for now. Unlike other EAs that I test closely, which do perform well only following frequent optimizations, the PRO has never been optimized, and has still performed well. I have been using the original default settings on EURUSD 5M, GBPUSD 5M and AUDUSD 5M. Of course, these results still might be a fluke, just coincidental to the combination of the way the demo platform worked for me during this period of time, but such a performance, without optimization, for 200 calendar days, for sure raises my interest to continue follow it up for at least a full year. Please review the 3 images below:

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2061/equitycurve1010.jpg

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3133/stats1010.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9444/performance1010.jpg

• 1 month later...

I continue to forward test FD-Pro. Since about October 8 (max equity was 16955) it got into what I still consider as a "corrective mode", since a trendline at the bottom of the equity curve is still pointing up (but we have to see if this trendline would not get broken in the next several weeks). The current equity is 13892, but the Stats are still OK (76% winners; PF 1.3; Expectancy 31, R multiple 9 and relative DD 7.8%). There were only 18 trades since then. FX Derivative behaved like this before and recovered well, so I wonder if it will do it again.

Ron

• 4 months later...

I'm still testing Derivative Pro. The stats are not stellar but firm. Expectancy (expected payoff) is $24, ROI=50% and R multiples=11.5. The forward test is already lasting 382 days and I have not optimized the EA ever (I use default values). Given some turmoil in the world and in the currency markets during the last year, I think it is safe to ***ume that it would continue to perform well in the future. I wonder if optimization with tick data (99% modeling quality) would improve performance. One of these days, when I'll have time, I'll try to optimize it and walk it forward over 1 year, to do it properly. If the performance would indeed improve, I'll start to trade it live.

Cheers, Ron