Is M5 scalping dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is M5 scalping dead?

I personally don't believe in M5 trading system. Seems some well know traders are agreeing with me also.

Igor said:
    If you would look here on this tsd forum or on the sbFx forum you will not find any mecanical system that is profitable over a longer period of time (at least 6 months) on 5min time frames. All of the systems that are profitable over a longer periods of time are on the higher time frames. It is not because people did not think of it. 1000's of people before you did.

Nina said:
    I do not believe on 5M TF. But if there are people that want to make a try, let them go ahead.

How about you?

Regards,

Re: Is M5 scalping dead?

I do trade the M5. I dont have all night or day to trade. I usually got only 3 - 4 hours after my daily work. well... sometimes it can extend to midnight but that's very rare. Moreover I haven't been able to predict the price action. So I can't put a limit order, I don't even know how to put a limit order.

Hopefully one day I will be able... no.. I should be able. Last night I talked to an institutional trader. He managed many accounts. "How do you trade them all?" I asked. He said, "Limit order of course!! Then afterward you can enjoy your life outside." Yah.. he got a point there. But still... how do you predict that the price will go to certain point then it will reverse or continue or whatever?

Oh yah.. back to the topic. I dont really scalp the M5. I usually take 20 pips on M5. I did tried to scalp the market last week. I raised the lot size then reduced the TP to 5 pips only. But it was erratic. Couldn't control the fear and greed. Eventually the capital was eroded badly

Comment

Dear friends,

Well... i do use 5M Time frame because i use it at Index market. For hangseng let say 1 bar for 5 M TF sometimes gives 100 pips.
      That's why i do not trade using TF bigger than 5M... i always use 100 pips SL at Index... thats the amount that i willing to risk to....... i also strick to my plan, so whether i see a huge trending market, if i can get my daily goal ( 50 pip ) i will closed my Laptop and do another work.

So for me i will still use this 5M TF for my Index trading........

GBU all

Best regards,

Surip

Comment

My good freind only trades the 5 min EU. He has made a little over million USD on that in less that 2 years. No EA just fib.

Comment

Originally posted by metalriff
          My good freind only trades the 5 min EU. He has made a little over million USD on that in less that 2 years. No EA just fib.
          Can you share/describe (at Least in General) what did He/She did with his/her Fibs in EU m5 ? How much Stop Loss & Take Profit He/She take ? Thx

Comment

Generally, I don't like trading anything lesser than 15M TF. When mechanical system is used, there seems to be alot of false signals and T/P is usually pretty small as well.

Comment

i trade 5m eur i havent made millions but my target is 5 % everyday

Comment

I use it to go for a series of quick 5 pips each round when there is a voletility in the market, but you have to be quick also if your broker allows you to trade that way, some of them don't let you >-

Comment

I think yes, it is out.

with M5 i earned a lot of small wins an a few very big losses.
                  The only EA which will be good in M5 may be the EuroBluster.

Regards

Comment

I think yes. I got small profit for a few trade but lost too much when price volatiles that against with open position.

Comment

I use the Steinitz Fractal indicator to trade the M5... it's tricky though, because it's very fast paced. You are in and out of the trade quickly, and the profits are thin.

Comment

Doesn't Drain the Banks work on M5? And that's a pretty profitable system, ain't it? I could be wrong though...

Comment

Comment

DTosc working great on M5 as long as going with H4 DTosc trend, more times than not turns from scalp to 100+ pip gain!

Comment

trading 5m could be very profitable, but if you have a bad strategy you will loss money FASTer

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              Working...
                              X