Beware with FX Online Marketing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware with FX Online Marketing!

I don't have an issue with any of the traders affiliated with forextradersdaily.com. I do, however, take issue with their marketing, which I feel to be deceptive and underhanded. I recently subscribed to a brief trial of a service they had advertised to spend time with one of their traders, Derek Frey. The sign-up page presented two options, one of which required payment of $20. I paid my money and attended five or six sessions of trading with Derek. Assuming my trial had run its course I left off logging in to the service, but was surprised recently to notice on my VISA statement that I had been billed $299 US for ongoing services (one month) with forextradersdaily.com. I had no idea that I was going to be billed on an ongoing basis (they never sent me a receipt for my payment) and when I wrote to them they responded that in their small print I had agreed to pay such an amount on a monthly basis. I returned to the site and noticed that in their microscopically small print I had indeed agreed to such an arrangement. I accept that I must've done such a thing but take exception to the way in which this trial was presented to prospective attendees to Derek's daily sessions. Most other services present such information in a far more upfront manner rather than hiding such an agreement in tiny print at the very bottom of the page. (In fact, I did look to see if I was committing myself to an ongoing monthly service but saw nothing to this effect.) If the service pretends to present itself as one that operates with integrity and transparency, then you have to wonder why they would market themselves in such an underhanded and what I experience as devious manner. This reflects poorly on forextradersdaily.com, suggests a serious lack of professionalism on their part, and in turn only adds to the shady reputation of the spot forex industry in general. I asked for a refund, of course, but this request was rejected outright. The response I received was that my subscription would run for the entire month regardless of what I thought and in effect too bad so sad. I’m left wondering: if you're proud of what you have to offer, then why market it in such a questionable and underhanded manner. In the end, it leads any prospective subscriber to wondering what else they might have to hide.

edited and moved K

Re: Beware with FX Online Marketing!

[center:45r97gzn]Great post. You actually have two set of group apart from brokers in the forex trading industry- Forex traders and forex marketers. Forex traders are the people who are actually trading, putting their money on the line, while the forex marketers have figure out that it is better and safer for them to tell you lies, make unsupported promises so as to sell you their wares. If their wares works as they clam, will they be selling it all over the place and putting pressure on you to buy it now because the price would soon go up?[/center:45r97gzn]

Comment

Any trial version of any course or service, stock , options, fx, etc, it will charge you a small fee, and obviously when the trial expires they will charge you the regular price, in fact when you fill the payment on the secure page, (clckbank, plimus etc) next to the price you are going to pay there is a statement, you can actually look for it the next time you purchase a service, its not their fault that you dont read what you are paying.

Comment

I wouldnt buy nothing off clickbank - you couldn't even give it to me for free

Comment

All trials are made in the hope that you will forget and pay the following installment. IMO

Edsd01 is quite right. It is all stated quite clearly.

There is also the latin phrase 'caveat emptor' - let the buyer beware

Comment

Both groups are pulling each others .
            As both are getting profits from a broker and brokers are targeting the customers .
            http://www.countryclubatvalleyview.com/
            Last edited by Emersun; 05-02-11, 04:36.

Comment

Originally posted by vfaelite View Post
              I wouldnt buy nothing off clickbank - you couldn't even give it to me for free
              absolutely agree, i have some sad experience with them. do not recommend

Comment

Tmaccorm, great article!!! However, sad-fully for forextradersdaily.com as $299 worth of bad press, will lose them Many, many thousands of dollars $$$ more and steer people away as they will know that those site owners cannot be trusted.
                While this site here that we are on now has over 24,000 members, words travel fast in this business. If they were smart and not greedy they would have honored the mistake on your part and given a refund of some sort. Hope they enjoy that money because they'll never get a dime of mine and I'll spread the word.
                Last edited by maddman; 22-02-11, 20:44.

Comment

sorry to hear that man.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  Working...
                  X