Decouple EAs from their dlls

ylidor

Thanks to manganate and birt for the information posted in http://indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=4997&hilit=dlls. I’m kinda of a do-it-yourself guy and have some self-educating motivation. Can any of you talented coders around here instruct interested parties in this vibrant community how to decouple EAs from their dlls for removing authentication and making them educated? Or if instruction is too tasking for you – can you indicate what are the methods, tools and literature you personally use to accomplish this task?

Re: Decouple EAs from their dlls

Google "tuts4you". It's a really good resource to begin with, but I warn you, it takes a rather long time to become proficient.
Birt,

Thank you for the reply. So much I already gathered. I do not have a mathematical mind, so for me it would be even harder. But the challenge is out there, and it’s very tempting. I wish all the newbies in this forum who share the same interest would join me in this journey. A while ago I assembled tools which specifically address capturing dependencies, analyzing and editing dlls. I hope to have some free time later this week to put them all in a folder and to upload the link here for the benefit of the community. Your suggestion about “Tuts 4 You” is an excellent one. I would start with the forum that carries that name and specifically with the article “reversing for newbies”. I would upload the link for it here, once the current “server error” at this site would be corrected, to hopefully generate some interest in the topic.

Ron

Thanks for making me aware of that. Is it acceptable to post a tutorial file published in another forum on one of the file repositories (rapid*share and such) and post a link to it in this forum?

Hi ylider

Good day,

Yes, sure you can do that. However, make sure you include the source of the file and the author so it is considered to be copyrighted since it is "policy of the forum".

If there is anything you want to ask about, please feel free to ask anyone here. There are a lot of great people who can help here.

Thanks for the valuable assistance Birt. I'm learning a lot from you these days.

Best wishes,

• 3 weeks later...

ylidor Hi,

Please see my entry here:

http://indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?p=78433#p78433

I hope it helps. It may sound boring to have to go through the mundane stuff first, but, if you don't have a mathematical background, it is really necessary first to get a hang of logic and logic flow.

Once you know high level logic flow it is much easier to learn low level logic flow - as in ASM, because this is what you will be working with in DLLs and EXEs when it comes to the more glamorous topic of reverse engineering.

Some warnings!

When you download files from tuts4you they may be flagged as heuristic trojans by your virus detector. I would suggest if you want others to have them, you direct them to that site, otherwise you may get blamed and flamed.

Some of the tools available are very very powerful and can permanently screw up your computer.

• 2 weeks later...

imho, separating EA from DLL is not as easy as it sounds.

There are some EA that is basically only a shell of the DLL. The programmer puts all the algo of the robot into the DLL. The ex4 is used only to send price to dll and get order from dll. Thus separating that kind of EAs from their DLLs is somewhat useless.

If the info on the dll is not that important you can do this experiments:

- compile the mq4, along with the dll. it MUST compile without error.

- now erase the dll, then compile the mq4, you now expect to find errors.

- find the error on the mq4, and just make them into comments.

- after commenting, the mq4 can still works (compiled without error), then you can convince yourself that you have somewhat disabled the dll.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

p.s. thanks for the tuts4you :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi William,

Here is my take on this.

If ppl can do this and make compiling judgements, then they can probably write their own code, based on their own strategy. This would be far better and far safer than trying to manipulate unknown code.

I always look at it like this: I am risking my money, so I want to know exactly how the program is going to work.

I do not want to use a black box. Worse, I do not want to use a black box which I have manipulated in a way I do not understand.

If someone has gone to the trouble to hide the mechanism inside a box, such as a DLL, then I would suspect curve fitting. I would only take a second look if the EA performed under stressful conditions.

I'm not trying to be harsh here, but I wouldn't want someone who is inexperienced in coding to gain false confidence, manipulate a DLL and blow their real account. ^:)^