bunch of questions regarding indicators

All questions regarding indicators only

which is the leading indicator in producing both positive @ negative divergance signals?

which is the oldest (senior) indicator,but still remembered & and work for us still now ?

which one's signal is most accurate, easy to visable, and non complicated ?

how many indicators attached in charts by profesional traders (both main chart and chart window ) ?

If one of your favourate indicators produce buy signal another one gives sell signal at the same time

what the reason behind this ?

can a indicators signals sustains or overcome economic reports?

If a indicator produce suxessful signal is the credit goes to its parameters used ?

each indicators suxessful signal producing is depend upon what?

it is possible for a techinical trader tradingl with out using any indicator ?

i placed my questins in our forum , answers appericiated.

1) which is the leading indicator in producing both positive @ negative divergance signals?

2) which one's signal is most accurate, easy to visable, and non complicated ?

3) If one of your favorite indicators produce buy signal another one gives sell signal at the same time

4) can a indicators signals sustains or overcome economic reports?

5) each indicators suxessful signal producing is depend upon what?

6) it is possible for a techinical trader tradingl with out using any indicator ?

From looking into your questions about indicators, I understand that you're in the search of the holy-indicator-grail. No problem about that. All traders go thru this phase.

1) Use any indicator in the Oscillator category.

2) Depends entirely upon your personal angle of view - which one looks easy to your own eyes?

3) This happens because of the 'formula' which the indicators use to calculate the outputs.

4) No.

5) Indicators' input parameters & the formula used to calculate the output.

6) Yes, it is. And the good news is, systems that use least number of indicators (1 or 2) are most profitable and durable. Search in Google using these keywords:

Trendline Break+jhig

What is the first result? How many indicators does this guy uses? PLUS read the book - 'Trading In The Buff'. Understand the concept of 'Trading Naked'.

feel free to respond with a 'reputation' if you find my answer helpful.

** experienced seniors, please correct me if my thoughts are wrong.

good luck

Edited by sheetal

I'll try answering from my point of view.

which is the leading indicator in producing both positive @ negative divergance signals?

MACD is widely used for divergence. After all the name is MACDivergence

which is the oldest (senior) indicator,but still remembered & and work for us still now ?

Moving Average

which one's signal is most accurate, easy to visable, and non complicated ?

Moving Average

how many indicators attached in charts by profesional traders (both main chart and chart window ) ?

It's a secret. But for $99,999 I will tell you about it.

If one of your favourate indicators produce buy signal another one gives sell signal at the same time

It's because the user is using 2 different indicators. Bad system.

can a indicators signals sustains or overcome economic reports?

Depends on the news and market sentiment.

If a indicator produce suxessful signal is the credit goes to its parameters used ?

sometimes yes.

each indicators suxessful signal producing is depend upon what?

User interpretation. Different user, interpret differently. So different successful rate.

it is possible for a techinical trader tradingl with out using any indicator ?

Yes. Naked price action is one of the best and most successful trading system out there.

From looking into your questions about indicators, I understand that you're in the search of the holy-indicator-grail. No problem about that. All traders go thru this phase.

1) Use any indicator in the Oscillator category.

2) Depends entirely upon your personal angle of view - which one looks easy to your own eyes?

3) This happens because of the 'formula' which the indicators use to calculate the outputs.

4) No.

5) Indicators' input parameters & the formula used to calculate the output.

6) Yes, it is. And the good news is, systems that use least number of indicators (1 or 2) are most profitable and durable. Search in Google using these keywords:

Trendline Break+jhig

What is the first result? How many indicators does this guy uses? PLUS read the book - 'Trading In The Buff'. Understand the concept of 'Trading Naked'.

feel free to respond with a 'reputation' if you find my answer helpful.

** experienced seniors, please correct me if my thoughts are wrong.

good luck

all correct afaik.

guys forget about all those indicator, just watch your charts, everything is already there... focus on the price action.

if you traded some time with some indicator, you can imagine what it would draw now on chart, its just using price data too for its calculations.

keep you chart very clean. simple is best and WORKS! keep it as simple as possible.

however before you think of a system/method or indicators you should get hold of the important things for successfull trading.

if you dont know them, stop searching for the "holy grail" it doesnt exist, focus on becoming a trader.

ask yourself if forex is the right market for you. stock market is better for beginners cause they have more time to analyze a trade and make a decision...

There can be debate forever between Naked price action trading vs indicator based trading...My thoughts (rather than advice) are Price action (with Trendlines + Fibo + Sup-Res + Pivots etc as preferred) + Solid money management + Some basic Indicators like Bollinger Bands/MAs + Eye on Fundamentals + A clear acceptance that there will be losing trades => Consistent + Profitable Trades + Time + Compounding => Financial Freedom

yea, price action, trendlines, sup-res and fundamentals is a good way i think. anyway its very individual.. it depends on your character, time you have to trade and so on... if you understand it and it works for you use it!

however i think one should keep it as simple as it can be, you have to now exactly what the indicator is showing you, and as we all know at the beginning you dont understand most of them, so keep it simple.

you dont need more than an MA, Trendlines and sup and res..

but there are more important things than the method, i know you all heard about psychology in trading but most think its more important to find the holy system.

most traders fail because they see those unrealistic % returns and search for a holy grail.. and they get fanatic and consider their trading as business.

but would you run a business without a hardworked written documented plan? think about it..

first get your mind right, you need discipline for trading. then get your money management right.. most traders take too much risk! and after that think of a method to get consistant profits. and as you said you need to accept losing trades, you have to master your emotions....

anyway just one more thing: ask youself why you deserve it to get into those 5% who trade proftiable.. and not into the other 95% losing.

Edited by to_ul

• 5 years later...