Question about coding NEW coder wheres best to learn?

Hi,

So I have a few ideas I would like to code.

However I am completely new to coding.

So I am thinking to take a python course in data science. I have been told python is one of the best first and easist languages to learn. However I would be thinking to use the indicators in wave59, whentotrade and or market analyst (I love Dynamic Trader 7 but doesnt allow custom indicators) and or maybe Amibroker ?. But as far as im aware these are not written in python.

I like the thought of using the above as they have other tools of use (fibo,astro,gann etc).

If I learn in python can I convert the code to another language easily ? In other words is the principle of coding more important than the syntax ?

Any recommendations / advice / tips to good courses etc for a complete newbie. I'm only interested in coding for creating indicators / tools for use on analyzing charts.

Thanks

BR

M

Firstly thank you for the replys.

@tradermen for the meantime only indicators which for discretionary trading. However in future may look at automating. Although not necessary at the beginning. Any recommendations for courses to learn ?

@fireflyk thank you for the advice! Thats good to hear. Question for you would you recommend a course in python in data science ? Or just a general python course? Any links to good courses ?

BR

M

For full system development trading systems i recommend the ones that also teach robustness methods.

The ones that i recommend are:

- bettertr@dingacademy

- Kevin D@vey

- Jeff sw@nson

- Andre@s ung€r courses

This ones teach different ways to develop a trading system, robustness methods and trading system portfólio construction.

knowing what i do now...i would start by learning java...plenty of free tools and source code available...so getting started wont kill your budget...plenty of courses online...the thing today is to realize that everything that needs to be coded has been coded..libraries...routines...the key is finding and putting together existing programs to create the application you are building...that said, to start find a java course and start programming the hello world programs...its a long journey but it is a lot of fun