Losing Money Trading Day After Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing Money Trading Day After Day

How many of you here are just losing money trading day after day despite doing all the learning and live trading?

Lets be honest!

many times. especially right after the upgrading from Cent account to a standard one

Comment

I lost money the first few years. Just losing it, day after day. Now I get a profit, it's honest.

Comment

same here.I also lose a lot of money in brt tranding

Comment

Comment

One of the most difficult things about trading is realizing that one can't and shouldn't trade every day. Not only because it's very physically and mentally demanding....of course, but because quality setups, which offer above average opportunity for a profit, do not come around every day. There are many approaches used in trading, and Market, at one time or another, will reward each and every one, but on it's own time, which unfortunately does not often align with ours. One realizes after a while that some of the old sayings are not always true, "trade small and often" comes to mind, which is best moto for a broker and not a trader. Like J. Livermore used to say - " The hardest thing in trading, especially when things go your way, is to "sit on your hands".

Comment

Originally posted by wcicom View Post
              One of the most difficult things about trading is realizing that one can't and shouldn't trade every day. Not only because it's very physically and mentally demanding....of course, but because quality setups, which offer above average opportunity for a profit, do not come around every day. There are many approaches used in trading, and Market, at one time or another, will reward each and every one, but on it's own time, which unfortunately does not often align with ours. One realizes after a while that some of the old sayings are not always true, "trade small and often" comes to mind, which is best moto for a broker and not a trader. Like J. Livermore used to say - " The hardest thing in trading, especially when things go your way, is to "sit on your hands".
              Your posting is questionable....there are good trading setups each and every day...and there are tons of them...ONLY if you can see them!!! Some people can't see those setups and they make outdated statements which doesn't have any logic!

Comment

dannydon786, I thought the fact that we are talking about human traders and our limitations was understood . Of course there are more than a few good trades present every day, but we can only watch so much, and we can analyze much much less. So don't take my words in absolute sense....that's just day dreaming, see how it applies to everyday real money trading.

Good luck,
                Simon

Comment

Hi Wcicom...I have 25 currency pairs on my mt4 screen and it just takes a couple of minutes (max 5 minutes) to analyze which pair has the best trade setup....its simple as that if one understands trading...no over analyzing.....just one glance at the currency pair and you know whether it is worth trading or not...so the human limitation stuff is actually created by us when in reality there is no need to create limitation if one doesn't want to.

Comment

Hi dannydon786, I don''t trade Forex so will have to take your word for it. As far as best trade set-up goes - that depends a lot on what kind of trade one is looking for. I suppose very short term 20-30 tick trades do not take long to spot, it is also very difficult to make good money trading like that - one has to be right a great deal of time. A little larger targets take a little more time to find and analyze, I guess it's a matter of preference.

Comment

Thank you Wcicom....Would be very interested to know what do you trade? More interested in learning some trading from you. I believe everyone has something to offer. I don't do short trades and I also don't do long trades...it all depends on the market...sometimes market makes the trade long and sometimes it makes it short....but good money can be made from 20-30 ticks....again the target depends on the market...sometimes it is more and sometimes it is less.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydon786 View Post
                        Your posting is questionable....there are good trading setups each and every day...and there are tons of them...ONLY if you can see them!!! Some people can't see those setups and they make outdated statements which doesn't have any logic!
                        I agree. During the day, there are almost always 1 or 2 setup on H1, and even more setup on M15.

Comment

Originally posted by wcicom View Post
                          Hi dannydon786, I don''t trade Forex so will have to take your word for it. As far as best trade set-up goes - that depends a lot on what kind of trade one is looking for. I suppose very short term 20-30 tick trades do not take long to spot, it is also very difficult to make good money trading like that - one has to be right a great deal of time. A little larger targets take a little more time to find and analyze, I guess it's a matter of preference.
                          it sounds good

Comment

Forex market is a very fluctuating market, here profit and loss are related to the risk taken for the transaction. More profit requires well skill and risk taken ability. In fact when a trader faces loss his morale goes down and they stop trading but one should be emotionally strong and not give up.

Comment

I haven't been so great. I am going to take a week or 2 to just observe the pair's and spend more time on analysis.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              Working...
                              X