No announcement yet.

How to avoid slippage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex trading is really worth of your time if you know about the market. Without proper knowledge, you can loss all your money in a day. Demo account is best place to learn. So, trader should use it practice and invest small first. I am a forex trader too. I start trading with Forex4you. I trading with only $50 with their micro account.

Comment

make sure you chose proper broker. Some brokers give free money to open account but if there technology is not current, you will face issue in your fills. slippage will be there in some format in all orders, make sure to use limit orders and not market orders. don't chase your entry, prices tends to test different level, they never go straight up or down.

Comment

just use limit orders. You'll always get your price with no slippage. Downside is you will miss some winning trades, where you do not get filled.

Comment

If you are saying you get limit order fills at a price worse than what your limit price I'd say it is time to change brokers.

Comment

You cannot avoid slippage in forex, the only way is to try and reduce the slippage by choosing a suitable broker. For example I currently trade with FP Markets whose slippage is lower compared to other broker.

Comment

I have been trading with the elliot wave method on Hotforex platform and the results are really astounding.
              the only thing you need to know in forex is if its going up or down, and when it´ll meet a probable resist and support zone, and thats what elliot is for it doesn't even matter if its a 5 wave or a correction the important thing is to move with the market.

heck i´ve hardly had a loss since implementing it on my trades along with fractal theory.
              the only thing you have to do is don't trade against the higher time frame, its like swimming against a river.

Comment

There is no way you can avoid slippage, but you can reduce your slippage by choosing a broker that has lower slippage like CMC or FP Markets.

Comment

To help wipe out or decrease slippage, brokers use limit orders rather than market orders. A cutoff request just fills at the value you need, or better. Dissimilar to a market request, it will not fill at a more regrettable cost. By utilizing a cutoff request you stay away from slippage.

Comment

Slippage occurs when the bid/ask spread changes amongst the time a market order is requested and the time an exchange or at the time of other market-maker executes the order.

Comment

From my experience, I do not think you can avoid slippages, but it is possible to trade with brokers like CMC or FP Markets that have lower slippages.

Since it is normal among many brokers, traders who want to avoid slippage prefer trading with brokers offering lower slippage.

Comment

There is no way to avoid slippages, but it can be reduced by choosing certain brokers like ICM or FP Markets.

Comment

For eliminating or reduce slippage, traders utilize the limit orders instead of market orders. A limit order only would be able to fill at the price you want, or better. Unlike a market order, it won't fill at a worse price. By using a limit order you avoid slippage.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          Working...
                          X