Chart Scaling - Gann

DrMuttata

DrMuttata,

Scaling is more of an art form than exact science. Yes we do certain calculations to establish scaling, and girishpowar

correctly pointed out a few methods. Keep in mind - scaling that we use will depend greatly on the amount of bars we want to see on the chart. If we set up certain scaling factor, and we are looking at 200 bars - things will look okay, but if you would condense the chart so you can see 1000 bars for example, with the same scaling factor that chart will become almost a straight line, and will not be of much use. Over the years I have found that trial and error is the best way to come up with good scale. When you give a chart a scaling factor make amount of bars that you like to see visible on the chart, and once scale is added - chart should have nice circular look to it, in other words chart should not look too stretched vertically or horizontally, once the look is right - fine tuning can be done going forward.

We really only need to scale the chart when we work with Geometrical figures - squares, triangles, fans, etc. So since Gann believed that price and time is basically one and the same, when for example Square is applied to the chart it needs to account for amount of time that fits the price movement, with automatic chart scaling that ratio is not consistent, because once the chart is condensed or expanded we lose original ratio that we started with, with correct scaling that relationship will remain consistent regardless of how the chart is manipulated.

With all that said - don't "kill" yourself with getting the scaling exactly right, if your chart has nice circular look to it - you will get very nice results with all fans and geometric shapes.

Hope this helps,

Good luck

• 5 years later...
  • 4 months later...
DrMuttata,

Scaling is more of an art form than exact science. Yes we do certain calculations to establish scaling, and girishpowar

correctly pointed out a few methods. Keep in mind - scaling that we use will depend greatly on the amount of bars we want to see on the chart. If we set up certain scaling factor, and we are looking at 200 bars - things will look okay, but if you would condense the chart so you can see 1000 bars for example, with the same scaling factor that chart will become almost a straight line, and will not be of much use. Over the years I have found that trial and error is the best way to come up with good scale. When you give a chart a scaling factor make amount of bars that you like to see visible on the chart, and once scale is added - chart should have nice circular look to it, in other words chart should not look too stretched vertically or horizontally, once the look is right - fine tuning can be done going forward.

We really only need to scale the chart when we work with Geometrical figures - squares, triangles, fans, etc. So since Gann believed that price and time is basically one and the same, when for example Square is applied to the chart it needs to account for amount of time that fits the price movement, with automatic chart scaling that ratio is not consistent, because once the chart is condensed or expanded we lose original ratio that we started with, with correct scaling that relationship will remain consistent regardless of how the chart is manipulated.

With all that said - don't "kill" yourself with getting the scaling exactly right, if your chart has nice circular look to it - you will get very nice results with all fans and geometric shapes.

Hope this helps,

Good luck

good explanation about scaling, i believe you invested too much time on wave59. it's just my guess, am I right or wrong don't know,

happy trading

regards

Hey Pathfinder,

You are correct, I have used Wave59, and still do once in a while when in a mood to do long term forecasting.

Just like most students of Markets, in a process of completing the "circle", no stone was left unturned and that of course includes Gann and Geometry in Markets. As far as Wave59 goes - it is a good software for anyone who wants to venture in to some esoteric and Gann methods.

If you have seen my posts through out this Forum - it is easy to see how little I think of any software or particular method in terms of actually making money with it. Not enough can be said about importance of understanding what makes Market tick, and which method is applied is distant second.

Like one smart trader said - " Trading is simple, it's not easy, but it is simple " :)

Best,

Simon

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Pathfinder,

You are correct, I have used Wave59, and still do once in a while when in a mood to do long term forecasting.

Just like most students of Markets, in a process of completing the "circle", no stone was left unturned and that of course includes Gann and Geometry in Markets. As far as Wave59 goes - it is a good software for anyone who wants to venture in to some esoteric and Gann methods.

If you have seen my posts through out this Forum - it is easy to see how little I think of any software or particular method in terms of actually making money with it. Not enough can be said about importance of understanding what makes Market tick, and which method is applied is distant second.

Like one smart trader said - " Trading is simple, it's not easy, but it is simple " :)

Best,

Simon

hi sir can you please share market analyst you post in the form can you please reupoald

Quote Originally Posted by wcicom View Post

This is complete MA7 ver 7.3. Instructions are also enclosed. The emulator inside the package does not require machine code to run, thanks goes to candyman. See if it works. Maybe it will work with 7.5 also if everything else is done correctly, not sure about that.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/fpy4dn

post # 41

hi sir can you please share market analyst you post in the form can you please reupoald

Quote Originally Posted by wcicom View Post

This is complete MA7 ver 7.3. Instructions are also enclosed. The emulator inside the package does not require machine code to run, thanks goes to candyman. See if it works. Maybe it will work with 7.5 also if everything else is done correctly, not sure about that.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/fpy4dn

post # 41

Please reupload, the file is not available at the above link.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...