Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dukascopy Broker Review

http://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/engli...ding_accounts/

here, for this short period, dukascopy is taking in trader account with minimum deposite 10K USD now. Before they have minimum 50 K usd.

minimum trading size is 1 lot, commission variable, start from 18 USD per 10 lot and decrease if you trading more. that's means 1.8USD per 1 lot.
    spread are very tight, BUT dukascopy has 0.5 pips step on their spread.

you can try their Jforex platform now for 2 weeks demo account.

Re: now 10K USD account at Dukascopy

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by finimej
      http://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/forex_trading_accounts/

here, for this short period, dukascopy is taking in trader account with minimum deposite 10K USD now. Before they have minimum 50 usd.

minimum trading size is 1 lot, commission variable, start from 18 USD per 10 lot and decrease if you trading more. that's means 1.8USD per 1 lot.
      spread are very tight, BUT dukascopy has 0.5 pips step on their spread.

you can try their Jforex platform now for 2 weeks demo account.
      I think you meant minimum 50K USD

Comment

on the 30th, june, 2009, http://fapturbo-swiss.com/ will release a fapturbo special made for Dukascopy and it will costs about 597USd per copy.

Comment

http://www.jforexboard.com/ here is the forum for coding on jforex.

swfx platform can be programmed with free api - JFOREX, and it is only programmed in free pure java.
          program tool is eclipse. http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ can be download from here.

It is very intresseting, I am checking it out, and see if it is easy to get hands on the java and dukascopy. it is start from 10K account, but minimum trading is 1 lot, which is too big for my taste. I am still in trading 0.1 lot stadium.

Comment

They used to be institutional and don't deal with retail traders, now they open for retail trading with 10K account, on thier site they talk about will open another sister broker for retail trading.

Comment

Code:
              http://www.formulatrader.com/download/PositionReport.htm
              I have tested the demo manually. As you can see, it is very expensive in commission.
              I have checked the 1 min bar together with the ATC brokers real account data, and find the price movement are exact the same.

so it is not worth to move to dukascopy. the order execution are fast there, but the commission stinks. as you can see.

Comment

Finimej,

What's your experience like with ATC? I've been trying to find a new broker away from MBTrading that allows hedging. Thanks.

Comment

FXCM has bought the Previous HotspotFx retail and renamed it to FXCM active trader. ATC is IB for FXCM.

I have ATC brokers. commision 8USD per rund trip of 1 lot. minimum deposite 5K account. hedge and scalping allowed. minimum lot 0.1 lot, thereafter you can trade with 0.11 lot with 0.01 lot step. very very very nice and active live chat and telephone support.

your account is actually the same as the FXCM active trader 25k account, same spread, same account, same application. you can use the FXCM active trader backoffice to view everything, but you are not allowed to trade from the fxcm active trader account.

my experience:
                  order execution, I am in sweden, with very good internet connection, 10MB /s, but my order execution is not faster than normal fxcm account. take 1 or 1.5 seconds to get the order through.

if I am trading EURGBP during the asianmarkettime, the liquidity is not so good. max 1 lot in the orderbook. you can see that from fxcm active trader platfrom.
                  they have only 22 pair of currency to trade.
                  data is not filtered, honest broker.

Comment

I mentioned this in another thread also:

www.swissrebates.com is offering 40% rebate on all commissions that you pay, especially concerning the new Fapturbo, this might be a good deal.

Comment

do you know that you can copy the order to JForex API?
                      you could use agent-api dll:

1. put dds2agent.dll into system32 folder for example c:/winnt/system32
                      2. put dds2agent.mqh into include folder of mt4
                      3. add the following to your ea: #include <DDS2Agent.mqh>
                      4. you could then use the functions listed in the DDS2Agent.mqh

ps jforex client must be running

you can check out the Jforex API support forum there. jforexboard.com

exemple code to get the MT4 order to JForex.

Code:
                      #include <DDS2Agent.mqh>

int init(){Print("init..."); return(0);}

int deinit(){Print("deinit..."); return(0);}

double ask_price=0, bid_price=0;
                      int i, d, counter;
                      int Lots=1;

int start(){

if (??¦ > 0){
                                 Print("OrderSend...OP_BUY");
                                 i = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,ask_price,0,0,0,"",1999,0,Red);
                                 d = SubmitOrder ("1999", Symbol(), OP_BUY, Lots, ask_price, 0, 0);
                           }
                           if (??¦ < 0){
                                 Print("OrderSend...OP_SELL");
                                 i = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,bid_price,0,0,0,"",1999,0,Blue);
                                 d = SubmitOrder("1999",Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,bid_price,0,0);
                           }

for (counter = 0; counter < OrdersTotal(); counter++) {
                                 OrderSelect(counter,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES);
                                 if ((OrderMagicNumber() == 1999) && (OrderSymbol() == Symbol())) {
                                       if (OrderType() == OP_BUY) {
                                            i = OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid,10,Red);
                                            d = ClosePosition("1999");
                                      }
                                      if (OrderType() == OP_SELL) {
                                            i = OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Ask,10,Blue);
                                            d = ClosePosition ("1999");
                                      }
                                }
                           }
                           return(0);
                      }

Comment

Thank you for the detailed response. I'm demoing them right now and they seem like just as good as MB Trading with less commissions and hedging feature.

Originally posted by finimej
                        FXCM has bought the Previous HotspotFx retail and renamed it to FXCM active trader. ATC is IB for FXCM.

I have ATC brokers. commision 8USD per rund trip of 1 lot. minimum deposite 5K account. hedge and scalping allowed. minimum lot 0.1 lot, thereafter you can trade with 0.11 lot with 0.01 lot step. very very very nice and active live chat and telephone support.

your account is actually the same as the FXCM active trader 25k account, same spread, same account, same application. you can use the FXCM active trader backoffice to view everything, but you are not allowed to trade from the fxcm active trader account.

my experience:
                        order execution, I am in sweden, with very good internet connection, 10MB /s, but my order execution is not faster than normal fxcm account. take 1 or 1.5 seconds to get the order through.

if I am trading EURGBP during the asianmarkettime, the liquidity is not so good. max 1 lot in the orderbook. you can see that from fxcm active trader platfrom.
                        they have only 22 pair of currency to trade.
                        data is not filtered, honest broker.

Comment

for ATC account, The real account is hold at FXCM, the deposite and withdraw at FXCM only can be done by bank wiretrasfer. My deposite takes about 1 whole week. The withdraw is realy realy pain at ass at FXCM. after 5 weeks straggle, finally, I got my money back, and they also charged some 30 USD for bank wirewithdraw. myabe I was unlucky because that was the period every trader at fXCM USA transfer their account to FXCM UK, so they hade many many pappers to handle, and my withdraw email with scanned withdraw form, just get lost for 4 weeks.

Comment

The newly goes live FXOPEN ECN live II (even demo) MT4 platform are identical with the dukascopy.

Code:
                            http://www.fxopen.com/Download.aspx?name=fx4setup_ECN.exe
                            you create a demo account here.

Code:
                            http://deep.fxopen.com/setup.exe
                            use your demo account to login level II order book.

the money policy are also identical, you can only trade as low as 100000 units. the order book price and deapth on the level II order book are identical with dukascopy, and trading currency are identical as well.

for exemple, you put megadroid on your FXopen ECN II demo account, and copy the order to Dukascopy.

Below is the manual relax trading (1 or 2 trade per day on H4 timeframe) that I made last week on my demo dukascopy account.
                            Code:
                            http://www.formulatrader.com/download/PositionReport.htm
                            portiforlio report
                            Code:
                            http://www.formulatrader.com/download/PositionReport2.htm
                            position report

Notice that I am running the 0.1 dukascopy lot (100 000 unit) all the time, if the position is extremly good, then I made it to 0.25 dukascopy lot. if you see the I am using 1 dukascopylot, then because I was scalping and go from my trading system. system you can find from my another thread "cluster indicator", just my one single trading in one day, will beat donnaforex whole 3 weeks profits. so you see the fapturbo strategy is the last I would go for it.

if my manual relax trading continues goes positive every week for another 8 weeks (the whole demo test period), then I will put real money to the dukascopy account that I already sent papper in. I did the same position on my real cents account at liteforex, just to test the idear.

I asked support at dukascopy and they did to extend my demo account at dukascopy for another 2 monthes already (start from last week.).

so my recommendation is
                            run strategy at FXopen ECN level II MT4 demo, and copy the order to Duk*as*copy account.

Comment

I read that in Tradestation commissions are 2.2$ + spread (0.7-1 pips) for 1 lot EURUSD.

You need to make 10 trades/month to get the platform for free (probably the best platform in the market).

Anyone tried Tradestation with Forex? are they good enough?

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              Working...
                              X