BrainTrend - Proven Manual Trading System

This trading system is tested in many forums.

It seems to get quite a good and consistent result. However, because of the abundant number of testers, this trading system has many variations. All of them basically revolve around the 8 brain trend indicators.

Here are 2 variations of them.

4shared.com/file/134270953/ad1974c8/bt_m30_allinone_versions.html

Regards,

• 1 year later...
BrainTrend is basically a Metatrader adaptation of the Ablesys indicators. It is a trendfollowing system and if you can follow it with discipline and the basics of smart money management, you will make money. "FollowTrend" is another set of indicators based upon the same principles that are also very effective.

These are all replicas, not all entirely accurate, of the original "Braintrading" system which is not educable.

None of these indis, including the original Braintrading ones will keep you out of a choppy market, that's why there are so many different versions.

"Proven" in this context is a pretty meaningless term. How many people haven't had success with it and have not reported?

the market is 80% chopping

Wrong. I know that many people think that way but this is not the truth in practice. You know - when it is a range(chopping market) on one TF, there could be a nice trend on another TF(on the same instrument).

So your task as a trader is to make diversification of your trading, which could not only be trading of different instruments, but also a different TF. It's not neccesary to trade all TF available of course, but it is enough to trade 2 or 3 TF to be able to say something like "the market is 80% trending".

Just my 50 ¢ :D

Staw I was wondering how you go about trading different time frames. Do you find your self going up too a higher time frame or does it just depend and you just scan through the defferent time frames until you come across one that is in a nice trend? I often beeb curious how poeple trade with these types of indicators.

Staw I was wondering how you go about trading different time frames. Do you find your self going up too a higher time frame or does it just depend and you just scan through the defferent time frames until you come across one that is in a nice trend? I often beeb curious how poeple trade with these types of indicators.

OK. To be straight forward - I don't trade this system with this indis. My reply was about a wrong statement that markets are "80% choppy".

To answer your question how I define what to trade(at least at the moment) I can say that I usually watch few timeframes, find a trend or trend reversal formation on a higher TF then enter (and add) to my position only after retracements. A set of moving averages works for this.

• 3 months later...
The system is good from 30 min timeframe up, but you should not take the signals against the trend (is ema 42 (21 on 1h) up or down on the actual chart?) until you see the signal also on a higher timeframe (1h when signal was on 30 min). Pallada oder Synergy 2 is better.

fromm ff user HerrHimmler "BrainTrend2 indicator.

It always has to alternate signals which means it can not print out two consecutive arrows pointing in the same direction. Of course this was obvious to the naked eye just by looking at the charts.

The main ideeas behind the arrows is the following:

Print BUY signal if current high is bigger than the lowest previous high + LWATR

Print SELL signal if current low is lower than the highest previous low - LWATR

By LWATR i mean linear weighted average true range. The period used for calculations is 7.

Basically this is all there is to know about this indicator. The main ideea is actually very simple but it took me some time to understand it behind that mql code."

• 1 month later...