CollaborativeFx.forumer.com: A Dedicated Bot R&D Site

Hello Indo!

I've been a trader for 7 years and a trading systems designer/developer for 10 years. Over the course of that time, I've witnessed trading forums go from being genuinely helpful, to an outright waste of time (where the vast majority of them are today). Indo, seems like a breath of fresh air in this regard - so congratulations!

I decided to create a commercial free pure R&D based Fx forum. I finally completed a fully integrated trading system in Excel a few years ago, but it only generates one (1) trading signal per 24 hours. Back then, Excel was not able to use real-time streaming data. The system is based on a new kind of Technical Indicator that I developed called Delta Class II Indicators. They were all researched and designed from the ground-up as new market theory concepts.

Over the years, I've always done a portion of my research in public view. Not all of it, just a small portion. But, it gives some traders insight, encouragement and inspiration to go out and build their own integrated trading systems. The goal is to find out whether or not the Delta Class II indicators have the same or better efficiency using the lower time frame data. Right now, the prototype system designed in Excel, uses only Daily, Weekly and Monthly bars of data.

So, I'm developing several Bots using MT4 and Molanis (I am not an MQL programmer), with the intent to optimize them individually, and then find the points of integration, so that I can merge them into one single fully integrated trading system. The site will give Fx Traders and opportunity to look over my shoulder at some of the research and development. Occasionally, I will be doing some Q&A on Delta Class II Indicator concepts as well.

The site is located at: CollaborativeFx.forumer.com. I took the site off-line after I decided to move the EA development portion to a Visual IDE environment. I will need to finish building several initial Bots, before re-opening the site. You can track the re-opening news on Twitter @CollaborativeFx.

I will be showing results obtained from an experiment that I've been conducting that uses portions of the prototype trading system that I built in Excel, several years ago. I will also be occasionally conducting Q&A online, that revolves around a new type of Technical Indicator concept that I have called: Delta Class II.

The site is a commercial free zone. There is nothing for sale, and thus nothing to buy. The site if for Research and Development ONLY, please. I am not a for hire "EA Developer," nor am I a public facing "Fund Manager." I don not develop trading systems for other people and I do not manage funds for other people. I am a private trader who will be conducting part of my research online and allowing others to take a brief look over my shoulder. I'll only be showing a portion of my personal Fx research online and doing some brief Q&A on the core fundamentals of new Indicator and Trading Systems design.

I've made two CollaborativeFX awareness videos (simple unpolished videos) to make Fx Traders aware of the sites existence:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/3OELqtfu38E

Regards,

iDouble

P.S. Indo, is a breath of fresh air among most other Forex related forums! Good job. :)

Edited by iDouble

Updated Awareness Video

You are welcome, Newbie111.

For those that are new to trading the Forex and have had difficulty in the past, you should take heart. I learned how to trade from the ground-up, after spending thousands of dollars on software that constantly hooked my position to the wrong direction and whipsawing my profits into oblivion.

Of course, I started out trading stocks. I then (rather quickly) began learning about options and how to structure them. After a friend that I met during the process of developing my first few custom indicators, introduced me to the Forex, I took one look at the Fx data and realized that I had been trading the wrong market (equity stock options) for what I needed to accomplish as a trader.

I then transitioned all of my research over to Fx, based on its data. Forex market data has a very unique signature and several inherent characteristic markers that the right kind of research will uncover. Combining the deepest liquidity in the world, with the available (sensible) leverage offered in Fx, the uniqueness of the data allows for a level of consistency that I had a hard time identifying (replicating) in other financially traded markets.

The thing that typically blinds newcomers to Fx, is the relative "speed" with which an Fx market can move. Deemed "hyper-quick" by many, Fx data is one of the fastest moving markets anywhere, but it is also one of the most pattern-rich environments for trading that you will find, from a pure data analysis standpoint.

The following awareness video, is a re-run of the first. However, it has been updated to include a snap-shot of the original Excel based GUI that sits on top of a three (3) layered signal engine, which provides all of the market output shown on the screen for the six (6) major pairs.

Please note that the CFx is strictly a proprietary Research & Development project, for which I have opened only certain aspects of its operation to the general public. It is for Educational and Inspirational purposes only. I do not manage funds and/or build "Expert Advisors" and/or "Trading Systems" for other people. This site is merely meant to show (mostly newcomers) what might be possible, given the amount of work and study they are willing to invest into growing their OWN Fx trading business:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUOg72oXboo&feature=youtu.be

Note: The EA test shown is not a test of profitability (it opens far too many trades). The test was necessary to proof a new Signal Scanning Method that I had created, given the design limitations found in the Visual IDE development platform currently in use.

After the Signal Scanning code segment passed its test, the rest of the EA build would continue, adding more MQL modules and further refining the signal generation process until only the optimal signals are allowed to execute.

That's the philosophy that I use for Bot design. I start with the most liberal signal generation first, so I know right off the bat what I'm dealing with in terms of Signal Availability (a very important concept). I then introduce conservative measures (inputs) to the Bot, in order to optimize signal generation and profitability.

I also build one (1) module at a time called "EL," or Elements. These elements are smaller Expert Advisors designed with a singular purpose, or focus. Once completed, all EL modules are then integrated into the primary Bot, comprising the larger (multi-layered) trading system.

A very component driven design philosophy that has served me well for over 10 years, both with Excel, and now with MT. The same component driven design philosophy that you will find in other technical industries as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, guys.

I've finished the design work on all seven (7) EAs that I'll be integrating into one (1) Bot on the CFx. Now, all I have to do before re-opening the site, is the optimization work on each one. At that point, I'll go ahead and re-open the site for people to view parts of my work and project.

I've put together one last "awareness" video, just reminding Fx traders about what's to come soon. Please, recall. The CFx will be complete educational and non-commercial in nature. We'll discuss Bot design and some aspects of my new custom indicator concepts on the site - again - for educational purposes only.

Enjoy the video and informed trading to all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTsQmSugBnM&feature=plcp

Or, you can just go to YouTube and check out all three videos in my YouTube channel: TheCollaborativeFx.

Edited by iDouble

• 3 months later...