Can You Define a Successful Trade?

A successful deal is not only a profitable deal. It should also be correct, that is, lead to success in the long run. If a trader takes a few pips and risks the whole deposit, then this is the wrong deal. Of course, such a trader will often take a profit, but one day he will lose everything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Guest Siyan jheel
A success-full trader is one who have the skill and ability to use right kind of strategy depending on market situation, one who can take risk and do not have fear to fail.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A question for the ages !!! :)

I have also been trading for many years. And at one time or another over the years, all points put forth in previous posts seemed important.

But over the years I have learned that not every good trade is a winner, and not every bad trade is a loser.

I have to agree with "the5ers" in post #46, we can not judge success of the individual trade by profit. Over long term - staying true to your trading plan and your trading rules defines a good trade. If a trader is able to do that - money will take care of it's self, of course easier said than done, but everything in this life is. "TRADING IS SIMPLE, IT'S NOT EASY, BUT IT IS SIMPLE".........;)

Good Luck All,

Simon