Platform with Daily Volume horizontal histogram

Hakim314

Certainly most any decent package can do it --- your question is rather open ended and vague it seems. Tradestation, Ninjatrader, Multicharts and a bunch of proprietary futures broker's packages can do it (ie., Openecry's platform). There can be quirks about how much of the data historically can be displayed. For example, there are various Ninjatrader solutions, depending on which indicators/manufacturer's you use to plot it, where you may or may not be able to get all the historical data, but, one just needs to educate themselves a little. for some NT solutions (albeit costly), check here: http://www.ranchodinero.com/ I don't think though there are many free datafeed solutions to use in some of these packages. I do have some MT4 solutions that do really well, and, even through there are MT4 brokers that give 6E and other similar futures instruments, I would not trust their volumes as genuine and proper CME volumes. But, the 2 MT4 indis I have used work quite well on decent MT4 broker volume feeds. Let me know if you need more details or screenshots.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Osijek do you know what is the purpose of this ranchodinero , what that can help you see on the charts in NT I am new to this info can you elaborate on this post please ...... Kind regards SJ
I'm not completely sure what you're asking me. :) There are many indicators that ranchodinero is providing. They're mostly what I would call high-end indicators, and, not all of them are free or available to everyone. The Volume Impression indis ( http://www.ranchodinero.com/acme-studies/acme-volume-impression/ ) are really Order Flow Analysis indicators (but require a $400+ payment level) - there are other Order Flow Solutions that are cheaper and/or free. There is some decent introductory stuff on youtube on how order flow works - it basically displays buying and selling for most instruments; there is much to learn and interpret in this type of chart and PA interpretation. He also has volume profiling ( http://www.ranchodinero.com/acme-studies/acme-volume-profile/ ) - there are some decent books on this topic, right here on this great forum - it's not necessarily easy to learn, but, IMHO this and OFA is one of the most intricate and purest forms of PA interpretation. I don't think I have answered your question exactly, but I am reading it as a "how do I trade from these indicators" type of question, and unfortunately, the answer is contained across many thousands of hours of chart and book reading & learning. :)

P.S. If you are indeed using NT for charting, there are other author's free versions available of all the above indicators.