Where will Dow go from here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sm_jew View Post
    I daytrade quite often these days, but usually on more volatile days. I am doing pretty well. But I am also heavily invested in diamonds and recently exited AAPL some 500 pts above my entry point. I thought it would go higher after the recent earnings, but disappointed a bit, so I sold it. That was a very good investment. Did not expect it to go that high, but planned to hold it for at least 2-3 years as I often do with my better performing stocks. I might still buy some AAPL shares on a pullback. AAPL is also good for daytrading.
    Are you daytrading AAPL? Scalping? I have thought about trying daytrading stocks. I started with 15K in my IB account, but I am now over 50K and could easily afford daytrading some stocks.

Can you tell me more about what you are doing? And those 500 points in AAPL are very impressive. I am kicking myself for not buying some shares below 100. Oh, well. Live and learn, learn amd live.

Thanks.

Comment

And now we are back in risk-off mode.

The bears have returned!

Comment

Originally posted by Kristianto View Post
        And now we are back in risk-off mode.

The bears have returned!
        Well, I welcome our bearish friends. This only makes day trading more interesting and profitable. Better volatility and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_sixpack View Post
          Are you daytrading AAPL? Scalping? I have thought about trying daytrading stocks. I started with 15K in my IB account, but I am now over 50K and could easily afford daytrading some stocks.

Can you tell me more about what you are doing? And those 500 points in AAPL are very impressive. I am kicking myself for not buying some shares below 100. Oh, well. Live and learn, learn amd live.

Thanks.
          Hi,

Sorry that I did not reply sooner, but I don't hang out on trading forums too often.

Yes, I day trade AAPL on more volatile days. I basically trade pullbacks. My strategy is not particularly sophisticated, but I would rather not reveal it here. AAPL is a good stock for day trading, but I am not sure if 50K is enough to make day trading it worthwhile. 100K is much better if you want to make some reasonable profit, but then again, you could give it a try.

I noticed that you were using King. A friend of mine got it a few months ago. He is quite pleased with it, but he was not that happy when he got it. Are you still using it? Scalping Dow emini?

Comment

Hi,

Sorry that I did not reply sooner, but I don't hang out on trading forums too often.

Yes, I day trade AAPL on more volatile days. I basically trade pullbacks. My strategy is not particularly sophisticated, but I would rather not reveal it here. AAPL is a good stock for day trading, but I am not sure if 50K is enough to make day trading it worthwhile. 100K is much better if you want to make some reasonable profit, but then again, you could give it a try.

I noticed that you were using King. A friend of mine got it a few months ago. He is quite pleased with it, but he was not that happy when he got it. Are you still using it? Scalping Dow emini?
            Thanks for your reply.

I too don't come here very often, but I think that's still one of the better trading forums out there.

Yes, I am using king and doing well. I am trading only YM. I tried other emini markets (ES, TF) and you can trade them too, but I like to specialize and YM is very much to my liking and I get very good commissions too.

You may be right about 50K not being enough for day trading stocks for real profit. Actually, I have a similar problem with eminis. I would be making 200K a year, if I had access to at least 150K for that. Now that's real money.

Comment

joe-sixpack what strategy they use? i am using EW over years now i like to combi it with Market Profile for higher win rate.

regrads

Thanks for your reply.

I too don't come here very often, but I think that's still one of the better trading forums out there.

Yes, I am using king and doing well. I am trading only YM. I tried other emini markets (ES, TF) and you can trade them too, but I like to specialize and YM is very much to my liking and I get very good commissions too.

You may be right about 50K not being enough for day trading stocks for real profit. Actually, I have a similar problem with eminis. I would be making 200K a year, if I had access to at least 150K for that. Now that's real money.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it's not a bad forum, but gets slow at times.

So you are basically saying that I could be making an extra 200K a year? :>

Gee, I am in then. Seriously, I've been thinking about giving king a try ever since my friend started bragging about his newly found superpowers (LOL), but sounds like you might be doing even better.

Can I send you a PM? I would like to ask you a question or two if you don't mind.

I read the king's sales page the other day and must say that it's brilliant. If it was written by the vendor than I am even more impressed because English is not his mother tongue.

Comment

Yes, it's not a bad forum, but gets slow at times.

I read the king's sales page the other day and must say that it's brilliant. If it was written by the vendor than I am even more impressed because English is not his mother tongue.
                  I sent you a PM with my email address. Since neither of us is coming here often that seems the best way to communicate. Feel free to use it.

The King manual is also well written. I like to re-read parts of it every weekend. I find it helpful.

Comment

I sent you a PM with my email address. Since neither of us is coming here often that seems the best way to communicate. Feel free to use it.
                    Thanks. Got it. Will be in touch by email now. BTW, got myself King too. Cheers.

Comment

Thanks. Got it. Will be in touch by email now. BTW, got myself King too. Cheers.
                      No problem. I think you will enjoy it. Take care.

Comment

Money continues to flow out of defensive and into cyclical stocks

This week's market moves will be focused on headlines from Eurozone, with Dutch election and German Constitutional Court ruling on European Stability Mechanism.

Market expects a POSITIVE outcome on Europe on both events in order to keep sentimen in bull's camp!

Fed will not act before US elections so DO NOT EXPECT any form of QE!!

(Got this free idea from Saxo www.tradingfloor.com)

Comment

Looks like there is QE3 up until 2015.

Short USD and expect low interest rates.

I think Dow will fly for the short term, but once the market rationalises, it will correct quite heavily.

Comment

i think we will see dow near 14000 for the end of the year

Comment

The Dow continues to confound. Despite lacklustre US economic perrformance, it keeps going up. True, corporate profits have been good, if mixed, but I don't think it can last.
                              Europe's woes, contraction in Asia and the US's own debt problems don't justify market optimism looking forward.

US markets always surge in election years. QE3 might also help it along, though I suspect that is a game of ever-diminishing returns. Tech stocks are driving most of the optimism, and the NASDAQ is looking like a bubble to me. I'm very doubtful the DOW can push through all-time highs of 2007, though it might get close and 14000 does look possible.

My prediction: US stock indexes will keep edging up (assuming Europe doesn't implode anytime soon) until the elections, then stall, before a major fall 2013 when the fiscal cliff is hit. That's when I'll be shorting futures, and waiting for the bottom to buy back into stocks.

Disclosure: I'm a bear and not optimistic the west can sort out its economic mess anytime soon. Apart from some defensive, high dividend stocks, I try not to hold stocks long-term anymore. If I'm up 10% after a few weeks, I'm looking to sell. It means I miss out on some good runs, but I don't trust greed anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by sepa View Post
                                The Dow continues to confound. Despite lacklustre US economic perrformance, it keeps going up. True, corporate profits have been good, if mixed, but I don't think it can last.
                                Europe's woes, contraction in Asia and the US's own debt problems don't justify market optimism looking forward.

US markets always surge in election years. QE3 might also help it along, though I suspect that is a game of ever-diminishing returns. Tech stocks are driving most of the optimism, and the NASDAQ is looking like a bubble to me. I'm very doubtful the DOW can push through all-time highs of 2007, though it might get close and 14000 does look possible.

My prediction: US stock indexes will keep edging up (assuming Europe doesn't implode anytime soon) until the elections, then stall, before a major fall 2013 when the fiscal cliff is hit. That's when I'll be shorting futures, and waiting for the bottom to buy back into stocks.

Disclosure: I'm a bear and not optimistic the west can sort out its economic mess anytime soon. Apart from some defensive, high dividend stocks, I try not to hold stocks long-term anymore. If I'm up 10% after a few weeks, I'm looking to sell. It means I miss out on some good runs, but I don't trust greed anymore.
                                Well spoken. I aint being any expert but the global economy has been forecast since years ago that it can't keep goin' the way it's been goin' forever. A debt creatin' money system (Reserve Banks) and many other factors of course contributin' to the present situation of which can be referred to as "yes... the cracks are now startin' to show".

Respectfully,
                                Callahan

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                Working...
                                X