Looking for Winalot and EAzeGor

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Looking for Winalot and EAzeGor

does anybody know what are x.factor and y.factor in eazegor?

It looks these 2 factors are to be updated every 2 weeks or so.

any info

thanks in advance

I'll try to answer this question. Mind you, I do not have a paid subscription to EAzeGor, but I played around with the one that was available for download on this thread. I believe I have a good idea of how X Factor and Y Factor are used here.

X Factor and Y Factor appear to be 2 variable inputs created by the EA author. The numbers used for X Factor and Y Factor determine how the EA will trade. For instance, the defaults are 4 and 6, respectively. Run a backtest from the start of this year to the current date - using the defaults. You will get a certain level of profit (I believe it was about $32k on a $10k deposit). Now, run the backtest using the numbers 5 and 8 for X and Y Factors. You will see a different level of profit. Now, run a backtest using 37 and 3; or 1 and 17. As you will see, there will be different results.

Thus, what the author likely intended was to run the Optimizer function on Strategy Tester every so often to determine what is the current best X and Y Factors. For example, say on March 1, I run the Optimizer using X and Y Factors as the only variables to be optimized. My optimization start date is Jan. 1 and end date is Feb. 28. I will get certain results (under the Optimization Results tab) and will have to chose what I want to use for X and Y Factors. Do I want the low drawdown, but low profit? Or high drawdown, but the maximum profit possible? Or somewhere in between? The answer differs for every trader. For this example, say I want the highest profit, regardless of drawdown. Since I've decided this, I then input the numbers that the Optimizer found to correspond with the highest profit and highest drawdown and use it for the next couple of weeks. Say the X and Y numbers were 5 and 9. Now, after a couple of weeks, I decide to re-optimize. Since I've determined that going back 2 months is the appropriate length of time to use, I now re-optimize from Jan 15 to March 15. I see what the "best" X and Y Factor numbers were during that period (given the high profit/high drawdown levels I've decided to use). This time, say, the X and Y numbers that brought the highest level of profit was 2 and 10. I then plug these numbers in for X and Y Factors and run my EA with these numbers for the next 2 weeks (or whatever length of time I deem appropriate).

Hopefully, I've come across somewhat clearly. Obviously, to do this, you need to be familiar with the Optimization feature of MT4.

Essentially, what this amounts to is, for lack of a better description, "manual artificial intelligence". If this was true artificial intelligence, the optimal X and Y Factors would be determined with no human intervention - the EA would automatically optimize itself and "learn" from the markets recent movements.

Hopefully, I've come across somewhat clearly. Obviously, to do this, you need to be familiar with the Optimization feature of MT4.

well , i am, and will try and see. but if you have done quite a lot of the forepreparation work, can you tell mme what are the values i should not use s that are out of range completely?

Thanks for the post!

JD, Canary

From the Winalot instructions:

StartHour and StartMin

The optimum time for the system to trade GBP/USD is 3:05am CET (GMT+1). This

time will statistically produce the best performance from the EA.

If your broker uses GMT+1, then there will be no need to alter the parameter. If not,

then you will need to adjust the StartHour parameter to your broker’s time.

In this case, it is recommended that you run the EA through the strategy tester to

check that you have set the parameter correctly.

I don't really get this explanation. For example, Alpari UK is now at GMT+2. Should I set the start time to 2:05 or 4:05? I'd run the strategy tester but a simple explanation in the instructions would make it a lot easier as Alpari has just changed last week so its hard to get any decent data...

X Factor and Y Factor appear to be 2 variable inputs created by the EA author. The numbers used for X Factor and Y Factor determine how the EA will trade. For instance, the defaults are 4 and 6, respectively. Run a backtest from the start of this year to the current date - using the defaults. You will get a certain level of profit (I believe it was about $32k on a $10k deposit). Now, run the backtest using the numbers 5 and 8 for X and Y Factors. You will see a different level of profit. Now, run a backtest using 37 and 3; or 1 and 17. As you will see, there will be different results.

do you have any idea of what maximum are those factor???? you mention 37, for instance? What would the max be?

thanks

do you have any idea of what maximum are those factor???? you mention 37, for instance? What would the max be?

thanks

I don't know what the max would be. I just used 50 since it seemed like a reasonable number given that the defaults are low numbers like 4 and 6. With higher numbers (double digits), I noticed that the results were poor.

I don't know what the max would be. I just used 50 since it seemed like a reasonable number given that the defaults are low numbers like 4 and 6. With higher numbers (double digits), I noticed that the results were poor.

ya, you 're right, noticed it too. i've done steps of 5 till 50, then steps of 2 till 20.

let's see now, what you've said about the 15 days before, or 2 month

could someone pos the mq4 version of winalot, mine won't accept to do microlots amount orders and my ex4 is prootected

cheers

• 2 weeks later...