Need help here=)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help here=)

Can any pro trader tell me what time always have most trade chance? In USD/CHF, USD/GBP,USD/JPY, USD/EUR?? Please tell me what GMT too because im in asian country.. Thank you

It depends on what your trading style is and how you trade. You need to look on a chart and determine the best times for yourself. But, strictly speaking, there is no best trading time; the market will do whatever supply and demand tells it to whether it is midday or midnight.

Comment

i am not a Pro Trader. i am just trying to help if anyone disagree please let me know.

Asian Market in order of importance in pips. GBP/USD

In Usd time

1) 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00

2) 00:00, 01:00, 02:00, 03:00; 04:00

3) 17:00

However, the best is open to close section. ◘

In the way i see it. There is only tree currencies. Eur, Usd Gbp. They play 'game' among themselves. The rest of currencies 'dance' around them.
      Last edited by 4xmeter; 20-04-11, 17:48.

Comment

hozz,

Here are some statistics from the BIS triennial survey showing the amount of ********* trading volume moving in trading sessions:

UK: 46%
        US: 24%
        France: 7%
        Japan: 3%
        Singapore: 3%
        Switzerland: 3%
        Germany: 2%

As you can see, the prime time to be trading any forex pairs is in the UK or US sessions.

Start and end times of sessions are approximate, though UK is from around 8am to 4pm and US from around 1pm to 10pm. All times I'm giving here are UK times which is GMT+1 in summer and GMT in winter.

In my experience trend followers are best advised to trade the European/UK open from around 7am to 11am. There is a "dead zone" from 11am to 1pm where it's not worth trading anything unless you're making very short term scalps.

At 1pm UK time, the US comes on-line and there's a very liquid period of trading from then until around 4pm (which is getting near to the UK close). Between 4pm to 6pm price can reverse as UK traders take profits. Two things normally happen when the US opens - either the trend set by the UK session (if there was one) is continued further or the trend will reverse.

Sometimes the second half of the US session gives good opportunities, though not always and sometimes it can be another "dead zone". From US close at 10pm to Tokyo open at 1am is normally a dead zone and not worth trading unless you're scalping narrow ranges.

The Asian session from 1am until around 8am can sometimes give some good moves, though not always. Expect JPY, AUD and NZD pairs to be traded quite actively in the Asian session (for obvious reasons), also major pairs such as EURUSD can have good moves sometimes, though there's not normally much action with GBPUSD.

Comment

Thanks for all help~~

Comment

Originally posted by soundfx View Post
            hozz,

Here are some statistics from the BIS triennial survey showing the amount of ********* trading volume moving in trading sessions:

UK: 46%
            US: 24%
            France: 7%
            Japan: 3%
            Singapore: 3%
            Switzerland: 3%
            Germany: 2%

As you can see, the prime time to be trading any forex pairs is in the UK or US sessions.
            I doubt that Germany only contributes 2%. The Deutsche Bank is the Nr.1 forex trader.
            But beside of that, I agree with you

Comment

MacGyver7,

The information comes from here:

Code:
              http://www.bis.org/publ/rpfx10.pdf
              True that Deutsche Bank are a big player, however these stats. are for geographical trading centre volumes.

Deutsche Bank have trading floors in London, so their trading volume contribution would be lumped in with the UK rather than Germany. I assume they also trade in the US too.

Comment

Good post/info. soundfx, always good to see statements backed by source reference.

Comment

Thank you all for the information.

Comment

Daily and weekly, E/U.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    Working...
                    X