Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Method / Indicator to determine current trend

Hi

I know it depends on trading style, timeframe etc, but what is your best method of determining trend, and on what timeframe...

i.e. on the hourly timeframe, it is "generally accepted" that being above the MA21 with it sloping up is a good indicator of an uptrend...

but how do you determine it?

Forget all the bullshit which is on the internet....................my advice never trade 1 hour chart because the drawdown is huge.................stick to 15 minutes

Comment

Hi..I would recommend you the following
      For intra day style of trading..put two MA's one with 1 and other with 3, typical price i.e. high+low+close/3 on the daily chart, if past one day pivot is low from 3 day pivot, its down trend and vice versa..the method was described in john person's book and i find it very useful for intraday
      Thanks,
      Jay
      Originally posted by sidecona View Post
      Hi

I know it depends on trading style, timeframe etc, but what is your best method of determining trend, and on what timeframe...

i.e. on the hourly timeframe, it is "generally accepted" that being above the MA21 with it sloping up is a good indicator of an uptrend...

but how do you determine it?

Comment

s, for initial /new trader don't take 1 hour bar trade,if ur entry fail u will give huge amount to market so that take 15 min for trade/practice while u understand the market after that take 1 hour bar,it will give huge profit..
        happy trading..

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        Working...
        X