Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to control our greedy while on good market condition??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to control our greedy while on good market condition??

Emotional and greedy is part of our problems while trade in forex. Most of traders couldn't control it and they face loses in trade. Sometimes, we can handle this greedy but it can persuade our self being greedy. So, how the best way to control our greedy while on good market condition??

It's funny how new traders believe greed is a bad thing. If you are trading and in a winning trend that continues in your favor, you are using greed to stay in that trade ..which is a GOOD THING. You can't say to yourself that since you feel greedy, you need to exit that good trade. Let's lose that misconception people... greed is a good thing too in a good trade going in your direction.

Comment

The reason most are greedy is because they have'nt planned out their trade BEFORE they actually enter, so they have NO clue where the price is heading.
      There are ways of knowing before hand where price may take a short break etc.
      "Remember, 15-20 pips a day can make you very wealthy in this game."
      No need to sit at your machine all day trying to squeeze out pips when the market just dont want to give up anymore, especially when the ADR on most pairs (as I type this) are at their all time low.
      Last edited by traderx4; 31-08-14, 05:59. Reason: Spelling Mistake

Comment

Originally posted by traderx4 View Post
        "Remember, 15-20 pips a day can make you very wealthy in this game."
        I'm posting this in bold lettering because this is the key to trading. You don't need 100-1,000 pips to become wealthy, with the right trade that you feel confident in making, trade larger lot sizes and you will become very successful as a trader.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaTrader View Post
          I'm posting this in bold lettering because this is the key to trading. You don't need 100-1,000 pips to become wealthy, with the right trade that you feel confident in making, trade larger lot sizes and you will become very successful as a trader.
          The traders need to confident in their transactions making. But, the traders should avoid the greedy. I think for beginners need to learn in long time about trading psychology.

Comment

The best way to control greed in forex trading is to know when its time to exit the market. Before you start trading each day, set a goal for yourself.
            For instance, I may set a goal to leave the market once I make a 5 pips profit. This way I know that immediately I achieve that
            I have no business staying over in the market unless am prepared to take a bigger risk.

Comment

If the market conditions are good , then you have to cash in , there is a difference between being greedy and earning in a favourable condition.

Comment

Originally posted by dimas.rangga View Post
                Emotional and greedy is part of our problems while trade in forex. Most of traders couldn't control it and they face loses in trade. Sometimes, we can handle this greedy but it can persuade our self being greedy. So, how the best way to control our greedy while on good market condition??
                first of all.. how you define 'good market condition' ??
                if i have an exact method to define this one, i would gladly to greedy all the time, besides the market condition are too good to slipped. and i always made more gain, of well define good market condition.

Comment

There is always this temptation for most traders to stay in the market if the market condition is god in order to grab all the much profits he or she can. The only way to control this is to have the discipline to follow your trading plan through and leave the market once you have reached your targeted number of pips.

Comment

being greedy is not bad, but taking that greed to a level where you cannot decide or make decisions properly, has to be avoided.

Comment

Keep in your mind that Forex trading are all the matter of taking risk. The only thing that you have control on is the amount of the money you put in every trade and also the amount of the money that you let be lost. there's many way to encounter such obstacle. many traders would suggest to refine our psychological trading state before start analyze the market. but these may too hard to implement for any new traders. I took suggestion from some expert trader, and use risk management to minimize emotional aspect during trading. Still use 2% risk per-trade based on my Tickmill account margin. good execution condition (ECN) with low spread and also high leverage offered (1:500) makes any trade only need small amount margin required.

Comment

I think that the best way to keep your greed under control, even in good situations, is having a trading plan that marks clearly your goals and stick to it although market exceeds your expectations. Once you have reached your aim for a trade given, just exit.

Comment

Its all going to relies on your technique. If you are dealing in currency dealing you are already presumed that you can manage any emotional element. If not then its best you come back to trial consideration and just be material in trial consideration. Because in actual consideration you are managing actual cash and if you have some emotional issue then your getting your cash into danger.a trade management is the key to success, for 1:500 leverage ratio upon my Tickmill ECN account, I use 2% risk for each trade,which appear a stress free trading setup for daily uses.

Comment

Its a natural tendency that we fall in for greed , but it should be taken care for and one should not become too much obsessive for earning more and more money.

Comment

We must often remind ourselfes that greed can lead to losses. I know that some even imagine such reminders write and hang up on the monitor. They say that helps

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              Working...
                              X