Indo Run (First post will be updated with new versions/setfiles/etc.)

Yeah.... while staring at all the MA settings and having no clue what number to enter into each setting.... my Indo run v1.5 opened 9 trades one after another... now all 9 trades are in a MAJOR LOSS positions :((

Would really appreciate some kind hearted soul out there to share on the right MA settings to use ?

Cos in the absence of any writeup or manual whatsoever we newbies really need someone's help to explain what each of the MA settings represent.

It's like placing an ultimate weapon in the hands of an idiot (that's me :-/) it's only as good as the user and this is how I get it to work = [-O<

Hey while we are at this. Anyone managed to figure out which setting can be used to limit the maximum number of open trades yet ? I cannot find OpenOrdersLimit anywhere ? :-/

Thanks

ftfx

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.... while staring at all the MA settings and having no clue what number to enter into each setting.... my Indo run v1.5 opened 9 trades one after another... now all 9 trades are in a MAJOR LOSS positions :((

Would really appreciate some kind hearted soul out there to share on the right MA settings to use ?

Cos in the absence of any writeup or manual whatsoever we newbies really need someone's help to explain what each of the MA settings represent.

It's like placing an ultimate weapon in the hands of an idiot (that's me :-/) it's only as good as the user and this is how I get it to work = [-O<

Hey while we are at this. Anyone managed to figure out which setting can be used to limit the maximum number of open trades yet ? I cannot find OpenOrdersLimit anywhere ? :-/

Thanks

ftfx

I use default ma settings except for mamethod switch to 3, all other filters disabled, openorderslimit exists but it's not extern parameter you have to change it to extern parameter and recompile the ea.

Scalper72,

You did nothing wrong. It's the nature of the EA. You just need to set the right settings to either avoid these trades, delay these trades or recover losses quickly. I am also using Apari UK (5-digit) on Indo Run 1.5 with 1.5 conservative set file. This particular forward testing as shown is using Martingale true. The chart shows 3 clean trades in the Asian session last night,1 single sell order in the UK session followed by a basket of 3 buys. All closed out with a profit. I would love to see your screen shot so I can offer you a suggestion of settings.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t269/julianblo/IndoRuntrades12_17.jpg

Edited by swordfish

Well its getting to the point where I need to put a stop to it for now. As well having my mailbox full with inquiries, other EAs in the making, etc. I do need to focus and channel accordingly. :-S

Moving forward I do further develop Indo Run and will distribute/support to those who also supported/will support me considerably and/or I am colaborating with closer.

Further Versions might follow in this thread, but will be delayed compared to what is available.

Cheers

I will help those who need help. This system is outside the scope of this thread. So, PM me. Don't you wish you were on the right side of the market? H1 chart of GBPUSD.

Edit: Sorry, there may be some issues with these indicators. Let me investigate and get back to you guys.

Edited by swordfish

thank u for ur responses swordfish..

now i will test 1.5 version conservative set with martingale (true) next week..i will to attempt a screen shot then.

i change the setting again and again..so i cant send past events.

ur system looking good..but i cant pm you bcz.. i have less posts :)

pls pm me if you can..maybe we can to exchange any working systems on Alpari UK

like everyone else is welcome.

nice weekend..

greetings

Edited by Scalper72

Martingale is a dirty word to some, but it got me out of trouble many times with Cable Run. The way Expat code it (LotFactor and MartingaleMaxLot) will limit your risk.

You can go to account history and drag the trades of that day one by one to the chart, so all these trades will show up in your chart. Then you can take a screen shot.

thank u for ur responses swordfish..

now i will test 1.5 version conservative set with martingale (true) next week..i will to attempt a screen shot then.

i change the setting again and again..so i cant send past events.

greetings

Edited by swordfish

I did a back testing for 12-17 only, using the visual mode with all the same settings that made those trades. I am using the same Apari UK demo account. The trades in the back test did not match those trades in the forward test. So, how reliable is your back testing? That was why my programmer moved to MT5 to test any Cable Run mods. Don't bury your head in the sand and avoid this issue. You think you got the settings right. Next thing you know is a deep DD or worse. Expat had warned in his first post. Test it for one month before you trade with real money. So, please share your forward test results with detail settings and charts.

Scalper72,

You did nothing wrong. It's the nature of the EA. You just need to set the right settings to either avoid these trades, delay these trades or recover losses quickly. I am also using Apari UK (5-digit) on Indo Run 1.5 with 1.5 conservative set file. This particular forward testing as shown is using Martingale true. The chart shows 3 clean trades in the Asian session last night,1 single sell order in the UK session followed by a basket of 3 buys. All closed out with a profit. I would love to see your screen shot so I can offer you a suggestion of settings.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t269/julianblo/IndoRuntrades12_17.jpg