TulipFx

Sneed

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

97 euros + 30 euros/month it says on the site. least its a site which doesnt hurt your eyes or treat you like a fool (full of marketing crap).

no backtest to look at though, just a screenshot. they dont have a contact page, because i want to ask for one to see more before deciding if it is as good as it seems (after all -- how many times have we seen an EA which seems good, only to be junk?).

• 2 weeks later...
They say it does work on ECN

here you can read that they allow it

* runs 24/7 automatically, no intervention needed

* runs on all Metatrader4 platforms

* runs on all MT4 brokers, Dealing Desk, STP, ECN

* will automatically detect and adjust for 4- or 5 digit brokers

* proprietary trading technology

* contains our highly praised “PNA” algorithm*

* its algorithm is designed to trade with the trend; should strong trend reversals occur, the KangarooEA will quickly change direction of trades

* one-click install, get setup in less than 10 minutes

* 60 day money-back guarantee

Yes. Thanks. I should visit their web site again and read the details. I signed up for notification on their web site for updates on the release, but, did not visit since then to review its features.

I hope there will be a discount for multiple licenses. I have a lot of brokers to test it on.

here you can read that they allow it

* runs 24/7 automatically, no intervention needed

* runs on all Metatrader4 platforms

* runs on all MT4 brokers, Dealing Desk, STP, ECN

* will automatically detect and adjust for 4- or 5 digit brokers

* proprietary trading technology

* contains our highly praised “PNA” algorithm*

* its algorithm is designed to trade with the trend; should strong trend reversals occur, the KangarooEA will quickly change direction of trades

* one-click install, get setup in less than 10 minutes

* 60 day money-back guarantee

Most of the loses were over the past few days. I notice that many of my EA's also lost money over the past few days due to some unusual spikes in the charts that activated several stop losses. I lost more money in the last few days than I did over the past few weeks. I guess the $30 monthly fee will include weekly or monthly optimization to keep up with changing markets. :-?

Check out their performance on myfxbook. Not good.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/TulipFX

i think that the developer is a member here. right after conglo made his post about the bad performance, the tulipfx EA, which showed bad performance, was removed from fxbook and only the kangaroo EA stats are shown.

I contacted the developer, here is my original question and his response. I hope he won't mind..

Hi "conglo"

Thank you for your questions.

We entered the MyFxBook competition with a whole heap of EAs, some of which were still in the experimental stage. As it was a competition we had all our EAs running on hugely overleveraged settings. One of our experimental EAs did not like the spike in the market which occurred a couple of days ago when the Federal Reserve announced their new quantitative easing measures. We have taken down that account from display to stop confusion and worry. You can be assured that we only will be releasing EA which have been stringently tested over an extended period of time. TulipFX intends to be a long term participant in the retail forex EA market and will release only top quality EAs.

Yes, our homepage is still currently under-development although it has been attracting a bit of interest already. We are pleased that people are already taking a keen interest. We had two accounts displayed. One was KangarooEA the other was a portfolio of our final EAs. We took the portfolio down from public display as we thought the returns on it were somewhat misleading as to what was achievable with the single KangarooEA.

The KangarooEA is intended to still be displayed, but as I said the website is still being completed so I am unsure of the issue there (as I am not a web developer). Here is the direct link to the KangarooEA MyFxBook page: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/TulipFX/kangarooea/56195 . Up until this point KangarooEA v2 has been on that account. As of Monday the updated version will be trading on our demo account. Please see my blog here: http://tulipfx.com/2010/11/01/kangaroo-development-update/ about the improvements we have made.

We have also started a live KangarooEA account for demonstration. We will have that displayed early next week once the account is established.

I am currently writing up a detailed report on the historical testing of KangarooEA to be released early next week. As a sneak preview please find attached tests for 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. Because we use true tick data MT4 can only handle one year at a time due to platform constraints. All tests are done using the same settings, and I have transferred one year’s closing balance onto the following year’s.

Early next week there will be the Kangaroo Whitepaper released with detailed discussion of these results and various statistical analysis of its performance.

Thank you for your attention and interest. We are excited to be able to release to people an EA which we feel is finally worthy of serious consideration by retail forex traders.

Green pips,

Aussie.

Hi,

I managed to find Tulip on myfxbook, performance does not look good so far.

There is a reference on your homepage to "the graph above", but I don't see one.

I'm interested in the EA, but from what I see so far performance does not match backtests.

I'd like your comments.

Thank you,

"conglo"

It could be a grid trader. You can see multiple trades closing at the same time in the history. Check the maximum trade duration and maximum total open volume.

The open trades are private because he may not want you to see how many trades it can have open at one time.

The risk with grid trading strategies is having too much volume open and/or having trades open for too long, which can lead to account stop out ("margin call").