How did the old-timers trade financial markets?

Fortunately many of these "old-timers" wrote books that are still available today and they are very much worth the time and effort it takes to read them. Livermore, Wyckoff, Pugh, Schabacher, Dunnigan, etc, are all great reads and, in my opinion, more relevent than most of the indicator-based books and info that passes as trader education today. These men KNEW how to rightly interpret the subtle interplay between price action, volume, and crowd psychology. You are not going to find an indepth and usuable answer on a form. You need to go to the source.

Fortunately many of these "old-timers" wrote books that are still available today and they are very much worth the time and effort it takes to read them. Livermore, Wyckoff, Pugh, Schabacher, Dunnigan, etc, are all great reads and, in my opinion, more relevent than most of the indicator-based books and info that passes as trader education today. These men KNEW how to rightly interpret the subtle interplay between price action, volume, and crowd psychology. You are not going to find an indepth and usuable answer on a form. You need to go to the source.

Yup!!

And lots of time drawing/plotting charts etc. by hand.

There is a "market wizards type" book describing the techniques of each of the early trading celebrities which has a section for each trader.

It's called A Treasury of Wall Street Wisdom - Harry Schultz

***Kudos for you***

PhiSquared, could you tell us what year of that book ?

I had searched on amazon and got this "

A Treasury of Wall Street Wisdom by Harry D. Schultz and Samson Coslow (Apr 30, 2001)

"

BTW, do you have his spinner indicator or its formular?

Thanks in advanced.

Edited by tradershare