A real time indicator worth it's salt?

germeten

I almost doubled my account news-trading and now lost more than half by fancying

myself a scalper, when I'm the one being scalped! None of these metatrader indicators

are worth a dime, they change with the candles, no one cares what indicators you

use or your strategy, the market just does what it wants.

I watched a Mike Swanson video yesterday, he trades with dukascopy and he showed

an indicator they offer that shows the number of buyers and sellers in the market

separately, by tick which is very useful with respect to price support (maybe); I've seen

volumes of 2, driving price into the stratosphere, and they don't come down quickly

when there's no one to make them. Is there any way to get a handle on this? Thanks.

I almost doubled my account news-trading and now lost more than half by fancying

myself a scalper, when I'm the one being scalped! None of these metatrader indicators

are worth a dime, they change with the candles, no one cares what indicators you

use or your strategy, the market just does what it wants.

I watched a Mike Swanson video yesterday, he trades with dukascopy and he showed

an indicator they offer that shows the number of buyers and sellers in the market

separately, by tick which is very useful with respect to price support (maybe); I've seen

volumes of 2, driving price into the stratosphere, and they don't come down quickly

when there's no one to make them. Is there any way to get a handle on this? Thanks.

I'm more interested in your news trading strategy. Seems to be doing quite well for you so why not stick with that and be thankful you have something that works so well! Is your approach to news trading the one outlined in News Profiteer pdf? (I have the book but haven't read it yet) Please share what news trading method you use and indicators, strength meters & chart patterns employed etc...

Thanks for some insight, Germeten. I'm well experienced in stocks/options/futures but new to Forex, particularly news trading...

Edited by Diesel 10