Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Silver Member Array
    Thanks

Price Action, Naked trading only

I'd like to start a thread dedicated to info/ebooks/videos that are related to price action & naked trading ONLY.

In my own trading history, which started 2-1/2 yrs ago, I have come full circle from trading just the basics (trendlines, chart patterns, S&R, price) to using systems with one or more leading/lagging indicators, and now back to the basics using only S&R and candles/bars. I truly believe that this is the key to being a successful forex trading (along with discipline and good MM).

Please post your favorite price-action/naked trading style here as well as comments about how your style of trading works for you.

Please keep this thread CLEAN by not posting any responses that may be solved by using search function & PM.

For starts, I am using Trading in the Buff strategy along with pin bars & Inside & Outside bars (James16 has good info on this). Very simple & easy to follow setups that give you plenty of time to calculate your risk/reward/entry/stops well in advance.

Code:
    http://indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1263
    Cheers!

:peace:

Thanks

Re: Price Action, Naked trading only

In my opinion, "Trade Chart Patterns Like The Pros by Suri Duddella" is also great.

I think the combination of these 3 ebooks is great.

If you pay attention,
    - a late pin bar could form a pipe pattern, parabolic arc, or V-top.
    - a failed pin bar could form a john's 123 pattern
    - a failed john's 123 pattern could form a pipe pattern, vic's 123, or vic's 2B

So, we could get any pattern, failed or success, to use for trading from that simple pin-like-bar.

Well, that's my opinion. Never heard or use any of them though, just known them from this forum. The only naked pattern that i've used are head shoulder, double or triple bottom or top, and channels.

There's also a book about Gann that's been recently shared. Might be quite interesting. Hope someone could give a mirror for that one.

Regards,

Silver Member Array
    Thanks

I love naked trading..!!

Just to add some info, if you guys really wants to master this method, get the basics by reading these two books first:

1. The Candlestick Course -SteveNison
    2. Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques -SteveNison

I'm currently using John's 1-2-3 pattern, nickB method, rolereversal method and James16 pin bar.. :lol:

Standard Member Array
    Thanks

I think that you cannot trade without channel, it is too important to me

Standard Member Array
    Thanks

This is what i want to achieve...naked trading..hehee..Less indicator no confusing

Standard Member Array
    Thanks

I agree nothing can substitute price action try synery method that uses price action and traders dynamic

Standard Member Array
    Thanks

Classis point and figure charting offers pure price action without the distraction of time, successfully used for over a century- here are some sources:

Jeremy Du Plessis- The definitive Guide to Point and Figure
    Thomas J. Dorsey- Point & Figure charting: The essential Application for Forecasting and Tracking Market Prices
    Heinrich Weber, Kermit Zieg- Complete Guide to Point and Figure Charting

Standard Member Array
    Thanks

Coming from trading naked I almost see every thing naked nowadays

Basically I follow a simple principle using D1 find the overall Trend.... wait for a reversal as the trend starts to continue wait for the break of the second bar after the last one on the reversal or enter using the classical 1,2,3 setup.....

Trading naked is fun because u only need to check the chart once and know what is happening.

Cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pasavento
    I love naked trading..!!

Just to add some info, if you guys really wants to master this method, get the basics by reading these two books first:

1. The Candlestick Course -SteveNison
    2. Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques -SteveNison

I'm currently using John's 1-2-3 pattern, nickB method, rolereversal method and James16 pin bar.. :lol:
    What about using trendlines and support/resistance lines, is it still considered naked?

Standard Member Array
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ajata
    What about using trendlines and support/resistance lines, is it still considered naked?
    As far as I know, anything you draw manually on a chart still falls under the "naked" definition. On the other hand, anything that's the result of a mathematical calculation (i.e. indicators) definitely doesn't.

• Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast