Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To call you rich....how much do you earn each month.....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To call you rich....how much do you earn each month.....?

Hi...All...
    I am on gathering opinions from you about how much do you need money or you earn per month to call you a rich man in financial or to make assumption that people will see you in prosperity.....
    I live in Atjeh, Indonesia...and here the Regional Minimum Wage for people is about 120 USD/month.....
    To call you rich, we need at least earn 2000 USD/month....
    Now...come..on give me some opinion...

Thank U..

Hello Roels,
    The word 'rich' is hard to define. I live in the UK and for me rich is an 'millionaire'. however if i told people i traded for a living and make £500 per week doing that then i'm sure that would get peoples attention. Work-wise for me and the area in the UK in which i live 25k plus a year is good. Yet Wayne Rooney is on £160,000 a week (now that's rich).
    I assume you must be earning more then the minimum wage where you come from by quite a bit as you probably have a pc with broadband plus money to fund your trading account?

Comment

Like Kraven said, hard to define. I have a pension that allows me to live in Malaysia or Bulgaria comfortable. Many people there consider me rich.
      Some friends in UK also consider me better off than them to be able to afford to follow the sun even though they certainly have more money than I.
      My aim is to make £1,000 a week then I could have a better life style etc but only be rich by other, poorer people's standards.
      Need a million to be rich.

Comment

There is not a "one-size-fits-all" answer to this question. "Rich" to me is to be financially free and not have to trade my time and effort in exchange for someone elses money. And financial freedom is defined as having passive sources of income that are greater than ones expenditures. So to define your "Rich" you first need to know how much your present existence costs to maintain. Then you can calculate your current level of savings and passive (or in our case trading profits) income and see exactly where you stand. If your savings and passive sources of income are currently enough to sustain and maintain your current standard of living from now until the end of your life, then you are "Rich". If you want to not only maintain your present standard of living, but INCREASE it then you must be able to INCREASE your saved and passive income.

Comment

Originally posted by kraven View Post
          Hello Roels,
          The word 'rich' is hard to define.....
          I assume you must be earning more then the minimum wage where you come from by quite a bit as you probably have a pc with broadband plus money to fund your trading account?
          If you were here you don't believe what you said.....he.he..he...
          Last edited by Roels Major; 29-10-10, 11:49.

Comment

Originally posted by tmalone View Post
            There is not a "one-size-fits-all" answer to this question.....
            Malone where you stay....?

Comment

Originally posted by Roels Major View Post
              Kataradja is on the Northern point of Indonesia in the area of Banda Aceh. People might recall the devastation caused there by the 2004 tsunami.

I was also caught in that but in Malaysia. I had water all the way up to my ankles. Unbelievable now but we and lots of locals stood and watched the lines of water approaching.

Today we all know what tsunami means, don't think that we would do that again. We would do what a neighbour did - clear out to the high ground.

Hope that there has been lots of reparation around your area Roels.

Comment

don't understand what you mean Roels???.......I'm basicaly saying you must have some money spare that allows you to trade, so with you coming from a poor area (with recent devastation as Freddie says) i assume you are 'finacially ok' for where you are living?...............if not you really shouldn't trade what you can't afford to loose

Comment

Malone where you stay....?
                  I'm from the U.S. Wisconsin to be exact.

Comment

In Australia they say average wage is 60000 pa before tax but I think 40000 pa is the average. After tax thats about $600 - $650 /week.
                    A loaf of bread is $3. Three litre bottle of milk is $3.60. Petrol at the mo is $1.27/ lt. It costs me $80 to fill my van. A uncooked chicken of 1.6kg is $10.00
                    Rents are $350 - $450/month. 3-4 bedroom. An average house is $500 000 dollars to buy.
                    I am blessed to have my own business so I do Ok.
                    Here rich would be a wage of $10000 - $20 000/ month, I am not considered rich financially speaking , but I am rich to live in a peaceful, mostly fair country. If you work hard you do well here.

Comment

that number is very relative. In India 2000$ is very high revenue, but at the same time in USA - it sounds like nothing.

Comment

In North America if you have 1-10 million dollars you are just wealthy, if you have 10 -100 million dollars you are rich and over that amount you would be called SUPER RICH!

Comment

Originally posted by kraven View Post
                          ... Yet Wayne Rooney is on £160,000 a week (now that's rich).
                          £250,000 a week now.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisbenjy View Post
                            £250,000 a week now.
                            £1.000.000 a month....

Comment

£1.000.000 a month....
                              and bonuses.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse