I would lik to say Thanks

bedrockbrett

I would like to say Thanks to posters But I cant using Firefox Yes I can with Google Chrome and probably with other bowers but I am not going to try. Can you fix this?

Sorry to bitch but I thought you might want to know. Brett

I am using firefox!!! Have done since I started here.

weird I am using 3.6.11

oh well will just have to switch to Chrome when needed.

Thanks

I use Firefox also, sometimes I had difficulties to connect with II (but it was same with I.E.) so when this arrives, I use a Proxy (that's what i did last week) and it might be a little slower, but it works. (Don't ask me why it works sometimes and not at other times, i have no clue, but computers have their own lives! )

Also you can try to clear your cache, cookies, and history.

Also make sure everything is updated (flash...)

hope it helps.

freddy

Guys,

Here's my experience with connection problems.

I had loads of problems connecting to II shortly after the forum was upgraded. Interestingly, II was the only website I could no longer connect to.

I came to the conclusion that changing browsers didn't make much difference. IE8 works fine with II and I'm using it now.

All proxy servers I found to be too slow and a lot display ads. which are annoying. Some of them could connect to II and some still couldn't.

I tried all sorts of tricks to connect (deleting caches, updating stuff etc.) and I believe that the problem was down to the dynamic IP addresses allocated by my ISP.

After looking at several tracert logs, I could see that my connection with IP addresses from a certain range were being dropped at a server in the US shortly before reaching the II server.

Rebooting my router allocated a different IP address, though because it was from a similar range of numbers my connection was still getting bounced.

As it happens, my ISP at that time was in the process of moving accounts to a parent company. That move meant that my dynamically allocated ISP range would be different, and lo and behold as soon as the move took place, my connection to II was again flawless.

It seems that some servers along the route to a website are more sensitive to IP ranges than others and these ranges can get labelled as undesirable if in the past one or two of the IP addresses from the range have been used by spammers.

• 4 weeks later...

Fire Fox

Thanks, I didn't know there was a minimum post requirement to view the button to say "Thanks".

I am a firefox user with all whistles and bells to the max (to stop most every kind of crap and cookies) and just now have played with Google Chrome.

Indo Investasi don't like Fire Fox.

what a difference with Chrome ... Crap!

Guys,

Here's my experience with connection problems.

I had loads of problems connecting to II shortly after the forum was upgraded. Interestingly, II was the only website I could no longer connect to.

I came to the conclusion that changing browsers didn't make much difference. IE8 works fine with II and I'm using it now.

All proxy servers I found to be too slow and a lot display ads. which are annoying. Some of them could connect to II and some still couldn't.

I tried all sorts of tricks to connect (deleting caches, updating stuff etc.) and I believe that the problem was down to the dynamic IP addresses allocated by my ISP.

After looking at several tracert logs, I could see that my connection with IP addresses from a certain range were being dropped at a server in the US shortly before reaching the II server.

Rebooting my router allocated a different IP address, though because it was from a similar range of numbers my connection was still getting bounced.

As it happens, my ISP at that time was in the process of moving accounts to a parent company. That move meant that my dynamically allocated ISP range would be different, and lo and behold as soon as the move took place, my connection to II was again flawless.

It seems that some servers along the route to a website are more sensitive to IP ranges than others and these ranges can get labelled as undesirable if in the past one or two of the IP addresses from the range have been used by spammers.

because of problems that are not mine but I was involved - I did research, using looking glasses tools on many ISP all over the world. Seems (it is possible) that the II (and not only - thepiratebay for example) are banned. For all ISPs in Italy all routes get via networklayer.com So, it is banned or that US ISP have problem. *ALL* of Italian ISPs get via networklayer.com - so no one Italian can view II.

Do not know about other countries, in my I've found ISPs that are OK getting II, and other that have *same* problem - route to that networklayer.com and no II!

Finally I am not sure is it banned or just one main US ISP have problems...

Workaround paths are to get service (free or payed) for proxy usage or just tunneling (btw it is almost the same).

One of the best free solution I've found is http://www.snapfiles.com/downloads/ultrasurf/dlultrasurf.html

Another (but every one must try it) very good fast solution is using google translator - BUT if all country has problems connecting to II , the translator will has too - because google use locally (even physical) servers.

There are of course many free proxies too...

ok, sorry for my English

hope it will helps to someone needed that info

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest David1713006337
The connection problems are because of the FBI tapping into your line and monitoring your activities because you been watching naughty movies!

=)) Do you mean that I watch naughty movies and the FBI is watching me? Figures, I pay for the movies and they get to watch them for free.

• 2 weeks later...