TulipFx

Sneed

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my calendar marked. I was a little sad that the release date was delayed twice. But, it also probably means they want to put out a good product. I have purchased too many EA's that were rushed to the market, and there were numerous errors in the EA, and Trading Manuals. Incorrect TFs listed, or the manual has "another" EA mentioned inside of it ;)). Or, worse yet, the EA wouldn't trade because there was some code missing. These developers seem to be conservative traders, and that's what I'm looking for this time. The million dollar profit EA's seem to lose a million dollars just as fast as they make it. I think this one will be different. [-O<

Hello

Only few days left. Kangaroo EA will be launch December 1

Please share! :)

i was worried that they only showed 2007-10 backtests. was talking to a friend and he said he thought it was curve fitted and wondered why they didnt have a 10 year test, so i emailed the developers and asked.

here's my reply.

Hi Norm,

Thanks for your email. Please find attached a 10 year backtest with constant lots. News filter is not used at all in this test. Our news database only goes back to the start of 2007 so any period before then cannot have historical news avoidance tested. As we explained in our Whitepaper, MT4 data also timeshifts during the year for DST times, making this data get out of alinement with our PNA Algorithm when testing. So rather than a poor model of the news avoidance only for later years in a 10 year backtest we decided to turn it off all together for the MT4 data 10 year test.

As can be seen, not avoiding the 'big' news announcements can occasionally cause losses, which is why we have implemented our news filter. If risky periods can be avoided they should be.

Also of note is the relative consistency of the performance over the 10 years. Its performance from 1999-2002 is not fantastic but that was a long time ago now, and without any news filter. The end of the dot.com bubble and the September 2001 period no doubt caused significant market turmoil, along with the usual economic data releases, all of which in this test are unfiltered.

I hope this displays the general consistency of the EA, even without the news filter. We are excited about releasing this EA to the market, as a quality, well tested EA without all the wild and grandiose claims usually associated with retail forex products.

Thank you for your interest in our EA and we hope this satisfies your curiosity.

TulipFX

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/4110/audusd10yearnonewsnocom.gif

i hope someone shares it here so we can decide if it really is as good as presented or if its another EA full of bullshit which doesnt match up when properly tested.

Any updates? I visited the web site today about today's release, but no new information. :-?

i was worried that they only showed 2007-10 backtests. was talking to a friend and he said he thought it was curve fitted and wondered why they didnt have a 10 year test, so i emailed the developers and asked.

here's my reply.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/4110/audusd10yearnonewsnocom.gif

i hope someone shares it here so we can decide if it really is as good as presented or if its another EA full of bullshit which doesnt match up when properly tested.

• 1 month later...
for anyone running the kangaroo ea, do you know if its possible to decompile the EA to make changes? I need it to run off a starting balance, something that euroclimber had no problem taking the 5 minutes to add in for me, but kangaroo won't do it, so is it possible to decompile and add the code on this one if I buy it?

for anyone running the kangaroo ea, do you know if its possible to decompile the EA to make changes? I need it to run off a starting balance, something that euroclimber had no problem taking the 5 minutes to add in for me, but kangaroo won't do it, so is it possible to decompile and add the code on this one if I buy it?

what do u mean run off a starting balance?

what do u mean run off a starting balance?

like the code below, where you can set a certain amount for it to base lot size off and then continue to add or subtract profit to that amount. all my EA's are setup like this and I need the code in Kangaroo.

double internalbalance=3000;

extern double initialbalance=3000;

double ordercount() // we counting our order here

{

int historytotal=OrdersHistoryTotal();

internalbalance=initialbalance;

// total of our order

int i; // pos of our order

for ( i = 0 ; i < historytotal ; i++)

{

OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_HISTORY);

if(OrderMagicNumber()== MagicNumber)

{

internalbalance = internalbalance + (OrderProfit()-OrderCommission()) ;

}

}

return(internalbalance);

}

i havent been able to decompile mine, not even on the latest decompiler someone i know has. the russians have managed to open it up, but not educated it. i use all my EAs at about a 5% drawdown on my total account so i dont need to worry about entering balances and things. maybe u can try the russian decompiled version: http://forum.goodservice.su/showthread.php?6443 -- however its not educated, so youd have to buy a license at this stage. all the authentication code is in the dll and it seems to be heavily protected.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...