How to Trade without Stops!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Trade without Stops!!!!

Have been doing an extensive research on how to trade without stoplosses and still be very profitable. I mean letting your losses run and still come out profitable on the long run. The secret to making this work is simply by pairing only very strong currencies together or very weak currencies together..

Weak vs. Weak

or

Strong vs. Strong

and not

Weak vs. Strong or Strong vs. Weak

From my findings, two extreme currencies (like weak vs. strong) causes too much volatility which we don't want to happen on the long run.

Hopeful this will help you make better decisions in choosing the right currency

what time frame are u using?

Comment

Originally posted by jsonc View Post
      what time frame are u using?
      I used 4hr timeframe.

Comment

Interesting idea but I thought that we were always trading weak vs strong else there is no movement. I hope that I am not just being pedantic.

Do you have any examples?

Freddie

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
          Interesting idea but I thought that we were always trading weak vs strong else there is no movement. I hope that I am not just being pedantic.

Do you have any examples?

Freddie
          Trading Weak vs. Strong Currencies leads to really strong trends and thats what you definitely want when trading with a trend following system "TREND IS YOUR FRIEND". And honestly, most systems in the market are trend following.

But when trading without stoploss we need currency pairs with a very small daily, monthly and yearly pip range.

The theory behind this style of trading is "Prices will always revisit previous places"

Comment

Best solution to loose capital
            The 1% loosing trade will devasted your capital

Comment

Ain't this risky if something like Greece fallout happens? How do you quantify the risks if you don't put a stoploss? And won't you miss future opportunities by placing a trade and sitting on it?

Comment

Hi osaze,

What is the definition of strong and weak?
                Is there any parameter to decide which one is strong or weak?

thanks,
                Anton

Originally posted by osaze View Post
                Have been doing an extensive research on how to trade without stoplosses and still be very profitable. I mean letting your losses run and still come out profitable on the long run. The secret to making this work is simply by pairing only very strong currencies together or very weak currencies together..

Weak vs. Weak

or

Strong vs. Strong

and not

Weak vs. Strong or Strong vs. Weak

From my findings, two extreme currencies (like weak vs. strong) causes too much volatility which we don't want to happen on the long run.

Hopeful this will help you make better decisions in choosing the right currency

Comment

Not sure whether I could handle the potential drawdown. Sounds like a 'test your nerves' strategy. However I might be wrong:-)

Comment

The problem with this method is that you must have an extensive trading balance and this method does not work. Don Stinitz, the infamous forex con artist tells people this same thing and sells his no loss EA. in 2007, Don entered his no loss EA in the trading championship and told everyone to watch how it will amaze everyone. At the end of the contest Don lost over 50% of his balance and ended up in 238th place.

Link to Don's contest results:
                    http://championship.mql4.com/2007/users/Steinitz/
                    Last edited by David; 26-09-10, 11:00.

Comment

Originally posted by osaze View Post
                      Have been doing an extensive research on how to trade without stoplosses and still be very profitable. I mean letting your losses run and still come out profitable on the long run. The secret to making this work is simply by pairing only very strong currencies together or very weak currencies together....
                      The research you have done Osaze: How much unoptimised data have you walked the system forward through?

I would expect that weak vs weak (or strong vs strong) currency pairs would reduce volatility, with reduced movement in both directions up-down.
                      But you seem to be saying that directional movement between the pair is selectively changed in favour of one currency over the other. This seems a difficult thing to achieve. Are you trading a directionally neutral system using pairs expected to cancel out each others moves?

Comment

Best solution to loose capital
                        The 1% loosing trade will devasted your capital

Comment

How does this work?. Any further details or case study?

I entered a position of 1.2 lots of AUDUSD.. these are 2 strong currencies right?
                          That was a sell at about 0.93

I is reaching about 99c .. all time high..

I am down about $6K on my 10k account.
                          I lost another 2K trying to scalp.

I'm left with another 2k of free margin.
                          If it goes higher than parity I will get margin call and lose everything..

this expereince has taugt me only 1 thing.. Stop losses are a MUST.?

Should I still ride out the losing trades?

Comment

Hi, try to learn Steve Candle charts courses first before trading without stops. Trading without stops is not recommended

Comment

Trading without stop loss is suicidal.
                              It's guaranteed that such a person will loose his account at one point of time.
                              Ahh!!! you can trade without stop loss if you monitor your account 24X5

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              Working...
                              X