• Show
Clear All

• @ TODAY 21/07/2010 STOP LOSS HUNT GBPUSD without NEWS ??? @

there was no news on these two candles.

STOPS HUNTS ?

Rabobank Eyed As Source Of Sterling Blip

By KATIE MARTIN
    Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

LONDON -- An abrupt dive in sterling early Wednesday stemmed from a computer failure at Dutch bank Rabobank (RBK.YY), traders at two banks said.

The pound plunged by a hefty 1% within around one minute at the outset of European trading hours, hitting a low of $1.5166 against the dollar before quickly springing back. Knock-on effects were seen in sterling's patterns against other currencies too.

The move lacked any solid fundamental trigger, but traders at other banks said that Rabobank's electronic trading systems inadvertently attempted to sell up to GBP3 billion in sterling against the dollar before they were switched off. Generally quiet summertime trading conditions probably accentuated the move. Rabobank didn't respond to requests for comments.

At 0922 GMT, sterling was trading at $1.5283, just a shade below its level immediately before the early drop, according to trading system EBS.

---By Katie Martin, Dow Jones Newswires; 44 20 7842 9346; katie.martin@dowjones.com

Comment

Thanks you my friend!!!!

Comment

But if you need them, they aren't there
        Come on Rabobank and push my e/u short a little bit

Comment

This is the same Bank involved in a previous manipulation two or 3 months ago. They are making some money with it. It has to be a hunting stop scheme. Next, copycats?
          Last edited by 4xmeter; 21-07-10, 18:48.

Comment

totally agree it was a stop hunt, if you looked at where it stopped, 1.5195 a 76% retracement from swing low to swing high...bit of a coincidence......i think not!

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            Working...
            X