Cracked Indicators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked Indicators?

Hey, im new here and this is my first post. As i browse thru this forum, it has some valuable tips and insight to help everyone.

But what i have noticed is that there are many threads from members that request vendor's paid indicators to be cracked, and most of these are indeed get cracked for everyone's use.

I for one am a little curious.
    Isn't this wrong?
    Can't you get in trouble for this?

I cant seem to think this is legal, right? maybe I am missing something here. could someone enlighten me here please......

Dont you think if its a good indicator, that the vendor should be paid for it? I think so!

Originally posted by cherrylime View Post
    Hey, im new here and this is my first post. As i browse thru this forum, it has some valuable tips and insight to help everyone.
    welcome to our community

But what i have noticed is that there are many threads from members that request vendor's paid indicators to be cracked, and most of these are indeed get cracked for everyone's use.
    is not for everyone use but its for EVERYONE TO EVALUATE IT

Isn't this wrong?
    Nope, the creators of EMA, SMA, Pivot , etc ... and DID NOT ASK ANY MONEY FROM IT ! , this new guys were just a "variation make up artist" that just not open minded enough to accept that the basic indicator was better than his or her product

I cant seem to think this is legal, right? maybe I am missing something here. could someone enlighten me here please......
    tell me what legal ...if speculation business were out at 95% loser only 5% were win, in speculation business PSYCHOLOGY conquer all the aspect and those can't be bought, and can't be traded ! so if you were still "LOOKING FOR" something that suits you perfectly ... those $$$ that u pay in click bank were result in REGRET.

Dont you think if its a good indicator, that the vendor should be paid for it? I think so!
    but if you have FOUND your HOLY GRAIL - (trading style that suits your psycology), and you actually have a GREAT RESULT ... buy it!

Comment

Like Kardel said... We will really like to think of it as giving you realtime sneak previews into what the indicators can and can't do... This is the best evaluation center you can ever and will ever come across..

WHEN MANY TRADERS EVALUATE A SYSTEM OR AN EA THERE ARE BETTER CHANCES OF SPOTTING THE CRACKS IN A VERY SHORT WHILE...

Long live this community!!!!

Comment

Isn't this wrong?

Only used for educational purposes...not for monetary gain my friend.....

Comment

Hello I am new here.
          The philosophy of openness, sharing and expertise on this forum is the best I have come across.
          I think Kardel has expressed this very well ,it is definitely not wrong to try out or investigate any strategy or product that will help your chances in what is a trillion dollar industry. Later if it is a great product or idea you will definitly want to buy, follow up or subscribe etc
          I should say also, as long as it is only to help others and not profit finanacially from others.
          The more we share everything the more we grow as people and traders.
          Keep up the good work.
          Bonny

Comment

Isn't this wrong?

OK, the FINAL (I hope) word on decompiling EX4 files in the U.S.

OK, here goes:

A copyright doesn’t forbid decompiling. That’s why most software companies have a EULA (end user lic. agreement) that specifically cover things like reverse engineering, decompilation, etc as well as exactly HOW you can use the software.

This is a simple issue – if you decompile something, you aren’t breaking the law (unless you signed a EULA, in which case you are technically in breach of license and can be sued). IF you choose to publish it, sell it, or do anything else with it that falls outside of “fair use” laws, then you are in breach of copyright. This isn’t so different than the whole thing that is going on with music… Saying you can’t decompile a .ex4 file is like saying you can’t rip a song from a CD to an MP3. That’s not illegal (yet).

In fact, I personally believe that it would be difficult to enforce a copyright for most EA’s. Why? Several reasons actually.

To quote wikipedia:

“Copyright law covers only the particular form or manner in which ideas or information have been manifested, the “form of material expression”. It is not designed or intended to cover the actual idea, concepts, facts, styles, or techniques which may be embodied in or represented by the copyright work.”

Most styles of trading have been done and are available in one form or another on many forums, so the “system” can’t be copyrighted. MQL4 is a small enough language where just about EVERY way of doing anything with it is also in the public domain at this point, so most likely the “code” itself can’t be copyrighted. That leaves the exact copying of the code in its entirety. WHICH, frankly goes on and is encouraged left and right in most forums and is even done in this group. Everybody puts the “copyright” statement in their code, yet then we post it to groups such as this or to online forums, freely encouraging people to copy it again and breach the copyright we just claimed. How can one breach be distinguished from the “normal” breaches that are encouraged every day? While ignorance of the law is no excuse, there is certainly plenty of precedence to say that the “copyright” statement in an EA isn’t really a “proper” copyright at all. I think what we really mean is more of an Open Source license. Regardless, this just covers source code. We haven’t even talked about a decompile. So, that’s Strike One.

Beyond this, an actual decompile wouldn’t decompile comments, and therefor the resulting code wouldn’t even contain the copyright message people are saying would cover it! Strike two.

To make matters worse, decompiled code looks nothing like the original code, so you can’t even compare the two and say that it is the same program. You would be saying “that’s my method or my setup or my system”. Well, as stated before, you can’t do that. A perfect example of this fact is Linux and Unix. Linux “copies” Unix is almost every fashion, but since it doesn’t actually use any of the CODE from the original Unix license (now owned by SCO) it is completely legal.

So, Strike Three, you are out.

Technically the only things that a copyright COULD cover would be published source code with the copyright notice in it (which is tenuous unless you take further steps), and a compiled EX4 file, which is considered a valid “form of material expression”.

Neither of these things cover a decompile. Seems wrong, doesn’t it? Not really, its just that a copyright isn’t really whats needed for a software program – a software license is.

That said – Your best bet to protect your work is two fold. Register the the source code copyright officially and if you publish it, note that it is a registered copyright with the US government. Heed the following advice from Wikipedia:

“While copyright in the United States automatically attaches upon the creation of an original work of authorship, registration with the Copyright Office puts a copyright holder in a better position if litigation arises over the copyright. A copyright holder desiring to register his or her copyright should do the following:

1. Obtain and complete appropriate form.
            2. Prepare clear renditon of material being submitted for copyright
            3. Send both documents to U.S. Copyright Office in Washington, D.C.”

And secondly, (and more importantly) if you want to distribute or sell your EA, your best protection is an End User License Agreement that specifically outlines the rights of the buyer, which would of course forbid copying, decompiling, reselling, etc.

As a side note on the EULA, I personally would never agree to a EULA on an EA, as the liability just isn’t worth it.

Hopefully that (more) than closes the topic.

Comment

I like this topic, a friend of mine has craked dozens of softwares and he only study and use them on his own computer, do you think he is right?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Chen View Post
                I like this topic, a friend of mine has craked dozens of softwares and he only study and use them on his own computer, do you think he is right?
                nothing wrong with it. Well be real, most of source code are copied other here and there, therefore, I really don't think it is wrong. besides, if you master one computer lang. then you can master other computer lang. very fast. because concept is same, and different is very minor on how it is write.

for example

asp code would look like

if i = 1 then
                do this
                end if

java(php) or meta 4 would look like

if (i==1)
                {
                do this
                }

also as smart programmer they have a based of codes that save at some file, when they need they just copy the lines to what ever file they need and do modification to meet its' need.
                Last edited by mtuppers; 06-09-10, 21:09.

Comment

it should be illegal to sell anything above $50 without real proof it works...

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  Working...
                  X