Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Books which emphasize on VOLUME

Hi Folks ,
    recently I came across interesting ebook :: Richard Arms Trading With Equivolume,
    posted here http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/7647-Trading-With-Equivolume .
    Rightly its the volume which is the driver of the market. I would like to learn more about
    volume action.
    Could you please provide the names of books and authors who have emphasised or touched upon
    the subject of volume, your postings will be greatly appreciated,
    Regards
    GluconD

Thanks
    I often hear Master The Markets by Tom Williams is the best book aobout volume. I haven't read it yet but it is on my to-do list.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sherlock For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm a volume and price action trader myself. My own 'style' is derivative of VSA and Wyckoff - a distilled version of both that works for me.

I agree that volume is a massive component to trading that many ignore. People will also tell you that forex volume doesn't usefully exist because it's an OTC market. I accept the failings but I personally disagree with this assertion. You need a good source of tick volume - I use the eSignal GTIS forex feed. The GTIS feed is a composite of 300+ individual banks and institutions and I would assert that the tick volume from all of those is usefully indicative of activity at certain price levels to make it insightful.

I also trade currency futures on the CME and whilst the CME market volume and price is more orderly and less spikey, the GTIS spot contributor volume from eSignal is definitely valuable. Alas it's not free of charge - I pay about $120 a month I think. Some say the Dukascopy and IBFX volume is a good facsimile of the eSignal volume - I've never checked it myself.

The link below is a collection of jumbled stuff relating to volume and VSA in particular. Don't expect to get it quickly or easily. I had TradeGuider to help me originally (though I don't use it anymore). Like anything valuable - it takes a while of screen time to grasp it. It takes many years to master it. I am far from mastering it.

Code:
     http://www.mediafire.com/?rier0e3852q7586
    Last edited by JimJamBonks; 07-17-2010 at 11:28 PM.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JimJamBonks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Many Thanks Sherlock and JimJamBonks for your postings, now I can start from somewhere

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonks View Post
    I'm a volume and price action trader myself. My own 'style' is derivative of VSA and Wyckoff - a distilled version of both that works for me.

I agree that volume is a massive component to trading that many ignore. People will also tell you that forex volume doesn't usefully exist because it's an OTC market. I accept the failings but I personally disagree with this assertion. You need a good source of tick volume - I use the eSignal GTIS forex feed. The GTIS feed is a composite of 300+ individual banks and institutions and I would assert that the tick volume from all of those is usefully indicative of activity at certain price levels to make it insightful.

I also trade currency futures on the CME and whilst the CME market volume and price is more orderly and less spikey, the GTIS spot contributor volume from eSignal is definitely valuable. Alas it's not free of charge - I pay about $120 a month I think. Some say the Dukascopy and IBFX volume is a good facsimile of the eSignal volume - I've never checked it myself.

The link below is a collection of jumbled stuff relating to volume and VSA in particular. Don't expect to get it quickly or easily. I had TradeGuider to help me originally (though I don't use it anymore). Like anything valuable - it takes a while of screen time to grasp it. It takes many years to master it. I am far from mastering it.

Code:

For some reason it keeps saying no servers are available with the requested data. I did eventually get it to download but it was going at 1.3 kb/s and froze up at about 3%. Would really appreciate if you could re-up it. thanks in advance.

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    Have you looked at "Volume and open Interest" by Ken Shaleen yet?

Also: it might be useful go back to the beginnings and read Technical Analysis of Stock trends by Edwards and Magee. They more or less said it all 100 years ago!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhiSquared2618 For This Useful Post:

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonks View Post

Code:
    would you plz reupload again ? thx

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 204 Posts
    gluconD,

These 3 would help you to continue

1. http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/13800-Investing-with-Volume-analysis-Buff-Dormeier
    2. http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/13799-The-Secret-Science-of-Price-and-Volume-Timothy-Ord
    3. http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/13801-Stock-Market-Structure-Volatility-and-Volume-Hans-R-Stoll-and-Robert-E-Whaley

Have a nice day
    JBest

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnbest For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    A re-upload of the link I posted above

{code] http://www.mediafire.com/?ost9q5o7jslvl87 [/code]

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JimJamBonks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you JohnBest, your efforts are most appreciated !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast