Books which emphasize on VOLUME

gluconD

Hi Folks ,

recently I came across interesting ebook :: Richard Arms Trading With Equivolume,

posted here http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/7647-Trading-With-Equivolume .

Rightly its the volume which is the driver of the market. I would like to learn more about

volume action.

Could you please provide the names of books and authors who have emphasised or touched upon

the subject of volume, your postings will be greatly appreciated,

Regards

GluconD

I'm a volume and price action trader myself. My own 'style' is derivative of VSA and Wyckoff - a distilled version of both that works for me.

I agree that volume is a massive component to trading that many ignore. People will also tell you that forex volume doesn't usefully exist because it's an OTC market. I accept the failings but I personally disagree with this assertion. You need a good source of tick volume - I use the eSignal GTIS forex feed. The GTIS feed is a composite of 300+ individual banks and institutions and I would assert that the tick volume from all of those is usefully indicative of activity at certain price levels to make it insightful.

I also trade currency futures on the CME and whilst the CME market volume and price is more orderly and less spikey, the GTIS spot contributor volume from eSignal is definitely valuable. Alas it's not free of charge - I pay about $120 a month I think. Some say the Dukascopy and IBFX volume is a good facsimile of the eSignal volume - I've never checked it myself.

The link below is a collection of jumbled stuff relating to volume and VSA in particular. Don't expect to get it quickly or easily. I had TradeGuider to help me originally (though I don't use it anymore). Like anything valuable - it takes a while of screen time to grasp it. It takes many years to master it. I am far from mastering it. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?rier0e3852q7586  

Edited by JimJamBonks

• 5 weeks later...
I'm a volume and price action trader myself. My own 'style' is derivative of VSA and Wyckoff - a distilled version of both that works for me.

I agree that volume is a massive component to trading that many ignore. People will also tell you that forex volume doesn't usefully exist because it's an OTC market. I accept the failings but I personally disagree with this assertion. You need a good source of tick volume - I use the eSignal GTIS forex feed. The GTIS feed is a composite of 300+ individual banks and institutions and I would assert that the tick volume from all of those is usefully indicative of activity at certain price levels to make it insightful.

I also trade currency futures on the CME and whilst the CME market volume and price is more orderly and less spikey, the GTIS spot contributor volume from eSignal is definitely valuable. Alas it's not free of charge - I pay about $120 a month I think. Some say the Dukascopy and IBFX volume is a good facsimile of the eSignal volume - I've never checked it myself.

The link below is a collection of jumbled stuff relating to volume and VSA in particular. Don't expect to get it quickly or easily. I had TradeGuider to help me originally (though I don't use it anymore). Like anything valuable - it takes a while of screen time to grasp it. It takes many years to master it. I am far from mastering it. :)

For some reason it keeps saying no servers are available with the requested data. I did eventually get it to download but it was going at 1.3 kb/s and froze up at about 3%. Would really appreciate if you could re-up it. thanks in advance.

• 10 months later...

would you plz reupload again ? thx

• 4 weeks later...

There is an Indi called "Volume Signal 1.0".

Try this one.

Look like this - it plots VSA Signals on Your chart.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8295/todayvx.png

Here is it:

If You want REALLLLLY dig deeeeply - interest with MarketDelta - it's a machine. Yes, paid, but You can re-asking for 30-day trial.

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...