Forex Shocker 2.0XE N1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're welcome fellas.

there is no setfiles yet.

For the original pairs, there is probably no need for set file, except maybe for better news settings.

For other pairs, we're gonna have to test different settings to see which pairs and settings give best results.

Right now the original pairs are EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF, EURCHF, EURGBP and USDCAD

For the past months I've been trading the first 3, being GBPUSD the less good.

About other pairs that might be worth testing, my guess would be USDJPY, a low spread GBPCHF and CHFJPY and maybe EURCAD.

hey there, i accidently stumbeld in this thread, and i can only say: THANKS ALOT. i am trading live shocker 2 on eurusd (the other pairs sucks) and i have dicent resaults. i think this version will allow me to expand it to other pairs and more important: it will allow optimization, which can´t be done on shocker 2. so agian: THANK YOU.

Here's an example for this last part. If you have Timed_Closing as true, Logic as 0, and let's say you are trading AUDUSD. It opens a buy trade at 22:15. Usually it tries to take profit of 4 pips. Let's say you have Timed_Buy_TakeProfit set to "-1" and Minutes_Buy to 75. This means, if after 75 minutes your trade is still open, then the takeprofit will be changed from 4 to -1. As an example, if it bought at 0.9000, the initial takeprofit was at 0.9004 and after 75minutes it will be changed to 0.8999 and the trade will close if the Bid price is equal or higher than that.

I'd just like to clarify one thing, please.

If I want to activate Timed_Buy_TakeProfit; Timed_Sell_TakeProfit; Minutes_Buy; and Minutes_Sell in the Advanced Settings, do I need to set Timed_Closing as true, Logic as 0? If then, must I input all the other Advanced Settings manually: Hour_Start_Time and Hour_End_Time; TakeProfit; StopLoss; and NN1, NN2, ...NN8 parameters?

I'd just like to clarify one thing, please.

If I want to activate Timed_Buy_TakeProfit; Timed_Sell_TakeProfit; Minutes_Buy; and Minutes_Sell in the Advanced Settings, do I need to set Timed_Closing as true, Logic as 0? If then, must I input all the other Advanced Settings manually: Hour_Start_Time and Hour_End_Time; TakeProfit; StopLoss; and NN1, NN2, ...NN8 parameters?

Yeah, you can only change those settings if you set logic as 0. The reason is, each one of the 6 logics has their own parameters and they are all different. It's like each one of those 6 are a set file for each pair.

But, i don't know if that was your question, near the beginning, you can modify Timed_Closing. That turns it off or on, whether you're using logic 0 or logic 1-6. If you have it ON and have logic 1 selected, it will be ON, but you can't modify its values, only when the logic is 0 is selected.

Basically, the settings on the advanced setting zone are only for logic=0. I hope I answered your question.

save2009:

You can backtest it like any other EA. The news filter won't work either it is ON or OFF.

Hi dinj

Do you have the setting file for this EA (EURUSD pair I'm interest)?

There are no settings file, but if you're trading EURUSD, all you have to do is put the EA on a eurusd m15 chart and you're done. The logic is already set to 1(eurusd)

But, i don't know if that was your question, near the beginning, you can modify Timed_Closing. That turns it off or on, whether you're using logic 0 or logic 1-6. If you have it ON and have logic 1 selected, it will be ON, but you can't modify its values, only when the logic is 0 is selected.

Basically, the settings on the advanced setting zone are only for logic=0. I hope I answered your question.

So, Timed_Closing turns ON/OFF the feature only. If you want to modify the values, you must select Logic 0 as well as Timed_Closing as true?

So, Timed_Closing turns ON/OFF the feature only. If you want to modify the values, you must select Logic 0 as well as Timed_Closing as true?

That's correct. For info about the original values for each pair, you can take a look at the picture that came with the zip file, but i guess you already noticed that :)

Thanks again, dinj...could you do the same for one of my favorite bots, A.I. Forex Robot?

I'll do when i have some time, even though i don't recomend it at all. There are a lot of forward tests on the net around with great results, but sooner or later they will likely get a long time drawdown, blowing many accounts.

hey there dinj,

i am sorry if it´s a bother to you- it´s just that i can´t optimize the ea. i set the logic to 0 and all i want is to optimize the NN settings (would like to optimize the timed out settings as well). could you please give instructions how to optimize those settings? the strategy tester keeps on telling me that the resaults are insiginificant.

thanks alot

hey there dinj,

i am sorry if it´s a bother to you- it´s just that i can´t optimize the ea. i set the logic to 0 and all i want is to optimize the NN settings (would like to optimize the timed out settings as well). could you please give instructions how to optimize those settings? the strategy tester keeps on telling me that the resaults are insiginificant.

thanks alot

Alright, it should be pretty simple and just like any other robot.

As an example that I just did. I went to strategy tester, EURUSD M15, shocker...

On the settings, I put money management off, and lot size to 0.1. I left all the values as default. Auto gmt off. GMT 2 (fxopen). Logic 0. I put ok on the dates, i put only to test it for 3 months to be fast, i ran it and got a pretty nice curve with 192 profit.

Then I changed NN1 and NN2 to 50 and 45, respectively. Just random values, no reason. I tested again and luckily i now had 196 profit.

This is a simple way of testing different settings and optimizing one by one.

If you want to use the optimization, than it's a little more complicated and takes a lot of processor time. But basically you just tick optimization and on the options of the EA you choose on the parameters you want to optimize, which value to start and stop, and the intervals (step).

I don't know if this helped, maybe it didn't, but I don't know how exactly what and how you tried, it would help.

You should be able to optimize all those settings if you have time. Personally i'm not very experienced with using the optimization option. I use to do old school, value by value.