movies about wallstreet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• movies about wallstreet

Just thought i'd list movies who's theme is about wall street or the investment industry.

Trading Places - True classic from 1983, its a comedy based on the famous Turtles story.

Wall Street - A great movie about wall street back from 1987, Michael Douglas's role as the ruthless wall street tycoon "Gordon Gecko" is arguably his best performance. After the movie came out a lot of famous people on wall street wrote books to dispel the myth that Gordon Gecko had created about the dishonesty and brutality of wall street biggies. Dialogues from the movie like "we bet on sure things ......" are quoted to this day. Its a must watch

Wall Street 2 - Just released, haven't seen it yet but reports are it lives up to the original movie.

Feel free to list any other movies you might have seen along with a short description.
    Last edited by hermanhess; 04-07-10, 23:45.

Boiler room - Not strictly Wall Street but still on the same lines. A morally decent college dropout finds himself at conflict with his harsh federal judge father. He gets a job as a stock broker and gets on the fast track to success. Only things take a turn for the worst when he learns that his job isn't what's it cracked up to be. Stars Giovanni Ribisi, Vin Diesel and Ben Affleck. And in one of the scenes they watch (and quote) Wall Street.
    Last edited by godl1ke; 04-07-10, 21:12. Reason: thought i should actually add a description!

Comment

Rogue Trader (1999)

Written and directed by James Dearden, Rogue Trader stars Ewan McGregor (Nick Leeson) and Anna Friel (Lisa Leeson) and was executive produced by Sir David Frost. Released in June 1999, it premiered in London one month prior to Leeson's release from prison in Singapore.
      hxxp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131566/

Comment

Floored (2010)

This is a documentary about the old style pit traders in Chicago and the mind-shift needed for them to come to terms with the electronic age which makes interesting viewing. Not easy to watch at times because this shows the reality of professional trading, warts and all.

Most of the episodes are available on-line here:

Code:
        http://vodpod.com/watch/3754630-floored-the-movie-episode-1

Comment

I was recommended the movie '21' - it's on blackjack and counting cards, based on a true story if I remember correctly.

Comment

Had watch Wall street last 2 days. Good movie indeed

Comment

Originally posted by pipsguy View Post
              Had watch Wall street last 2 days. Good movie indeed
              ya i watched that as well a few days ago, but imho part 1 was better

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
                Rogue Trader (1999)

Written and directed by James Dearden, Rogue Trader stars Ewan McGregor (Nick Leeson) and Anna Friel (Lisa Leeson) and was executive produced by Sir David Frost. Released in June 1999, it premiered in London one month prior to Leeson's release from prison in Singapore.
                hxxp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131566/
                This is a really good film. I've seen it many times.

Comment

i really liked wall street 2.. definately worth watching.. boiler room is next on my list

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  Working...
                  X