Avoiding news

I didn't know if I should post this in a different place. Anyway...

I think this applies mostly to scalpers, but sometimes, important news can turn a peaceful scalping GMT night into a trendy horrible nightmare for a scalper.

I've heard a lot about that, and I also know that I can see the upcoming news on forex factory, but:

When do the news affect the robots? Is the robot starting to trade 1 hour after the news safe, or is it 5 hours safe?

Sometimes you see a fomc meeting or obama speaking. Do they only affect USD pairs?

And does a fomc meeting at 5pm affect a robot that trades from 9pm to 11pm?

And what kind of robots are usually affected by news, is it only scalpers? Martingales also?

And is it only the high impact news dangerous?

Can someone please answer this questions for me?

tks a lot

I didn't know if I should post this in a different place. Anyway...

I think this applies mostly to scalpers, but sometimes, important news can turn a peaceful scalping GMT night into a trendy horrible nightmare for a scalper.

I've heard a lot about that, and I also know that I can see the upcoming news on forex factory, but:

1 When do the news affect the robots? Is the robot starting to trade 1 hour after the news safe, or is it 5 hours safe?

2 Sometimes you see a fomc meeting or obama speaking. Do they only affect USD pairs?

3 And does a fomc meeting at 5pm affect a robot that trades from 9pm to 11pm?

4 And what kind of robots are usually affected by news, is it only scalpers? Martingales also?

5 And is it only the high impact news dangerous?

Can someone please answer this questions for me?

tks a lot

1. Any news can affect the performance of a robot..news that deviates far from the expected causes fast movements.

2. No, it doesn't. Can affect Eur pairs and possibly others(never looked)

3. the normal sentiment should be back into effect by then.

4. ANY robot can be affected...news can send price in either direction.

5. High impact is most dangerous but lower ones with high deviation can screw up your robot trade

tks, also for organizing the questions.

Another thing, I guess the important question which has pratical appliance.

1 - Let's say comes a high impact news at 8pm. If I set up a filter on the EA for the news, how many minutes before and how many hours after should I turn the EA off for safety? (I'm guessing only or mostly for scalpers)

2 - What about for medium news?