Trade News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade News

Can somebody explain me everything about trading the news ? Also can you tell me what is your source for that ?

Hi Omega,

Try the e-book (News_Profiteer_by Henry_Liu) on the following post, for trading the news, very well explained (deadsoul post):
    Code:
    http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/4534-Mastermind-Mentoring-System-by-Henry-Liu?highlight=henry
    Use Forex Factory for news releases, it's free:
    Code:
    http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php
    Or DailyFX:
    Code:
    http://www.dailyfx.com/calendar/
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by jmwaraujo; 14-06-10, 19:47.

Comment

thanks jmwaraujo

could u suggest any good broker for news trading ? i mean which does not change its spread during news
      thanks

Comment

Only bucket shops maintain spread during major news events and they are best avoided anyway - but that's a different story.... Economic announcements by definition cause erratic liquidity and price & order volatility so it is entirely correct that spreads should widen during these times. The trick is getting a broker who maintains integrity of execution during those times and who will quickly drag the spreads back to 'normal'. Ultimately I'd suggest you need to look towards an ECN like MB Trading or Dukascopy. They both offer free trials so you can see how they perform during rough times.

I have a realtime news feed but they are not necessary to trade reactive news strategies as Forexfactory provides the numbers within a reasonable time to allow the trader to digest the numbers, see how price is reacting and then enter as opportunity allows.

One thing I would say is that news trading can be very profitable if you do your homework - but it's not an easy way to riches. News trading without a stern grasp of your risk and how you plan to work every aspect of the trade will quickly set fire to your account.

Comment

Hi jumanji24,

I use Alpari UK, I think there ok, no complaints so far.
          Not sure about other brokers.
          I don't usually trade news, but trade with the news (ei. If I have an open position and the news are in my favour them I leave position open, if not (depending how bad the news are, against me) I close position.
          But sometimes is not simple as this, as JimJamBonks said, and very well said, trading news is very difficult.
          Last edited by jmwaraujo; 14-06-10, 20:42.

Comment

Thank you for all this informations.

Comment

You need a good broker to trade the news.Period.

Comment

good broker with good data feed that will execute your order is what you need.

Also sticking to the high impact news is a better and safer way to trade the news simply because the markets generally move more and give you a better chance to make some pips. I would suggest using more than 1 source for news quality and compare to see which is more accurate.

I will be looking to take advantage of audusd news this morning as it is high impact

Comment

Thank you for all this informations.

Comment

I do not recommend this, trade news is really risk. But if you have good money management and good trading management, I'm sure you will survive there..

Comment

Originally posted by Omega View Post
                      Can somebody explain me everything about trading the news ? Also can you tell me what is your source for that ?
                      For source, you can use www.forexfactory.com as your news source. There are very complete facilities, the forecast of news also good there..
                      I've use this sites for many years making money in liteforex broker and some others..

Comment

Originally posted by nanypurwanti View Post
                        I do not recommend this, trade news is really risk. But if you have good money management and good trading management, I'm sure you will survive there..
                        It might be a problem, but the main advantage of Demo account is that it gives you a real life experience on how to trade with it

Comment

Originally posted by Gad View Post
                          It might be a problem, but the main advantage of Demo account is that it gives you a real life experience on how to trade with it
                          Nice bro, with the demo trading account, the traders can coach the trading experiences. Happy profit.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          Working...
                          X