Is M5 scalping dead?

I personally don't believe in M5 trading system. Seems some well know traders are agreeing with me also.

Igor said:

If you would look here on this tsd forum or on the sbFx forum you will not find any mecanical system that is profitable over a longer period of time (at least 6 months) on 5min time frames. All of the systems that are profitable over a longer periods of time are on the higher time frames. It is not because people did not think of it. 1000's of people before you did.

Nina said:

I do not believe on 5M TF. But if there are people that want to make a try, let them go ahead.

How about you?

Regards,

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Is M5 scalping dead?

I do trade the M5. I dont have all night or day to trade. I usually got only 3 - 4 hours after my daily work. well... sometimes it can extend to midnight but that's very rare. Moreover I haven't been able to predict the price action. So I can't put a limit order, I don't even know how to put a limit order.

Hopefully one day I will be able... no.. I should be able. Last night I talked to an institutional trader. He managed many accounts. "How do you trade them all?" I asked. He said, "Limit order of course!! Then afterward you can enjoy your life outside." Yah.. he got a point there. But still... how do you predict that the price will go to certain point then it will reverse or continue or whatever?

Oh yah.. back to the topic. I dont really scalp the M5. I usually take 20 pips on M5. I did tried to scalp the market last week. I raised the lot size then reduced the TP to 5 pips only. But it was erratic. Couldn't control the fear and greed. Eventually the capital was eroded badly

• 3 months later...

Dear friends,

Well... i do use 5M Time frame because i use it at Index market. For hangseng let say 1 bar for 5 M TF sometimes gives 100 pips.

That's why i do not trade using TF bigger than 5M... i always use 100 pips SL at Index... thats the amount that i willing to risk to....... i also strick to my plan, so whether i see a huge trending market, if i can get my daily goal ( 50 pip ) i will closed my Laptop and do another work.

So for me i will still use this 5M TF for my Index trading........

GBU all

Best regards,

Surip

• 3 months later...

My good freind only trades the 5 min EU. He has made a little over million USD on that in less that 2 years. No EA just fib.

Can you share/describe (at Least in General) what did He/She did with his/her Fibs in EU m5 ? How much Stop Loss & Take Profit He/She take ? Thx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have seen people trade with 5Minute system, and I personally think it works, not that I am doing it but for some people, they have a proven method that works for them.

So I think the statement that says it doesn't work is not true. Some people even trade at lower timeframe such as 1 minute or even 5 seconds!

There are people who use THV system, and even the creator of this system uses 1-Minute timeframe for scalping and it seems to work well for him.

PD.