Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Banned Array
    Thanks
    I totally agree to make trading for living in need of a good psychological control, capable of discipline against all trading plan that has been made and able to control capital so stay safe

Banned Array
    Thanks
    Most traders don’t consider Forex trading for a living because it is risky and you should achieve relly master degree in trading to use it as main income.

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    La pregunta del millón. Es decir, tienes claro lo que sabes hacer, lo que quieres hacer, el problema que resuelves; pero cuando te enfrentas a tu mercado aparecen las dudas.

Thanks
    It's an interesting article, but it's not quite clear to me how those guys taught the newcomers to become rich. It turns out that it's possible to teach others how to get weathy, but who's ready to share their knowledge? But even if you know the secret, you're not sure to let yourself be rich, which is caused by psychological barriers.

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    Good post. Hoping to be able to make a living through trading. Not an easy task

Banned Array
    Thanks
    yes , it can be done

Platinum Member Array
    Thanks
    What percentage of traders make money these days? Last I heard was less than 2%?

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    The topic of this thread is very good question. But in my opinion more important question is - "is your goal to trade for a living ?". And if the answer is "yes" it is very probably that you will never trade for a living. Why ? If you check the stories of great traders/investors (for example, check interviews with E. Thorp) or great sportsmen or anybody like that they have 1 thing in common. They just loved what they did. They breathed it, they lived it, they did it just because they wanted to be the best. The best at what they did. Money was just an outcome. In fact if you are commit to money this game will be much harder for you. This is just psychological issue. If the prize mean to much for you, you won't be able to use your best skills (you can read about it in N.N. Taleb book, by the way highly recommend). Same from my observations - among my friends, those who live from trading didn't wanted to live from it - they wanted just to be very good in this game, to beat it (of course you can't beat the market absolutely, if you think so, it will ruin you sooner or later). In fact best trader I know is disgusted with how he makes money, he told me many times, that he cannot stand that he earn from some sick system and earn money that are not even there (are just numbers). He sometimes think about throwing it all away and becoming a shoemaker, so he can make something real and useful So if you enter this business because you want "easy" money, you want the prize, you want to have "easy life", you know trading from laptop lying on sunbed before your pool - it can be really hard But if you love this game and want to know as much as you can, and you check everything in practice, you try to understand your market, you breathe it, you smell it and every day you are trying to improve, then it is possible that money just appear as outcome form all this.

Just my 5 cents in topic

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TraderM For This Useful Post:

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    Thank you, TraderM.

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hermanhess View Post
    Second part

good post! I'm trader with 2 years experience but still very useful info

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617