Datafeed ninjatrader

jjames

Hi guys,

Maybe this question is already answered i am sorry then i couldnt find it.

I have fxpro as my broker but i dont have the money yet to buy a live datafeed for ninjatrader.

I wanna try Ninjatrader but i was wondering if it is possible to get data (live) from fxpro.

I mainly trade oil (cl) so any other datafeed related to oil is alos welcome.

I hope somebody can help me.

Thank you very much

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Interesting product posted by jack33l. I am an extensive NT user, and of a MT4 background, and I have seen no bridge or other way to use MT4 data on a realtime basis in NT. I'd expect no FXDD options. Really, the best option is to set up a trading account with a futures or otherwise broker (PFG?) that supports NT7 - I believe there are options where they will take $500 as a minimum deposit, which should give you realtime datafeed access to most spot and maybe futures symbols.

In theory you can import MetaStock format data into NT7 - see here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/index.html?importing.htm . And, if one has TradeStation running, it's data can be sent to or used in NT7 (just am not sure if this is realtime or requires importation and/or clicking). On the possibility of using MT4 data, there are a few indicators written for MT4 that will export MetaStock format data, which in theory you could import into NT7, but that requires clicking/selecting for every import, so, realtime charts of any timeframe are problematic to trade or judge from within NT7. IMHO, even if you get this working, you will get frustrated very quickly.

P.S. - You may want to look into Sierra Charts - they are passionate about updating their software and ever growing library of extensive indicators --- cost for package with spot FX data (with a volume feed) is <$20/month I believe. They charge more once you start adding on some of their other indicators, but the charges go up in $5 increments, and remain thoroughly reasonable IMO.

Edited by osijek1289