(REQ) Feedback on Hector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (REQ) Feedback on Hector

I understand we are not allowed to share Hector's system on this forum. I am considering buying it and just want as much feedback from those who have actually used the Hector Trading system before I commit my hard earned funds to it.

This seems like one of the most logical approaches to trading. I've had my fill of get rich quick forex "systems" & "EAs" that promise the moon & the stars and deliver garbage or worse, losses...

Code:
       http://www.hectortrader.com/
    Last edited by Diesel 10; 21-04-10, 00:42.

I asked Hector some things about performance, nothing set in stone, just what he would like or expect his students to achieve if they fully grasp his trading strategies, those type of normal questions and to perfectly honest, he sounded like a dousch bag with his answer. Started yap'n on about how he would never say what success he would hope, expect, has achieved himself on average or anything remotely helpful in regards to his course/system. I have his system (it was easy enough to get) and to be honest, I don't bother using it. Maybe I will look at it again to see why I didn't bother with it.

Comment

I would tend to agree with Hector's comments - any kind of numbers put's an expectation, even limitation on what the student may/may not be able to do, whether they believe it or not. Maybe a conservative estimate is ok... but you could do better or could do worse, who's to say what's possible or not for them.

Don't want to ramble on, lol... but just my honest 2 cents.

Comment

I have gone over his videos and PDF's a few times. While his system appears to be profitable over the long run because of the theories it is based on as well as the indicators it is nothing new. I think there are better systems that are similar for a heck of a lot less money.

Comment

Although I kind of agree Mlee, which is the reason I asked for a very loose estimate on his personal exerience or hopeful expectations, if you are going to sell a system/strategy, you have to be prepared to answer the most obvious questions. Otherwise why bother. He could have said anything about what he has experienced no matter how up or down it has been, but to say nothing is just ridiculous. Are you going to buy something from me if I say this : I have a product here that is great, but I'm not going to say what makes it great and I'm not going to give you proof it is great. You want to buy it? Of course not.
          If you sell something, you should have your facts prepared no matter how good or bad they look, then let the people decide.

juicyt

Comment

Wow glad I read this before posting hectortrader..
            thanks
            the grump

Comment

thanks

Wow glad I read this before posting hectortrader..
              thanks
              the grump

Comment

Agree with mlee. Great teachers doesn`t always have great students, those that are great students may be as great or even surpass their teachers.

cheers.

Comment

Totally agree with you both, this is the reason I didn't ask specifically what others will get if they buy his system. I asked very openly what he has achieved roughly over time and what he would like to think his students could achieve if they learned it exactly like he intends them too. I was specific about not being too accurate and just an 'about' figure (win/loss % type of thing) would be good enough. I even said I understand the markets change etc etc but I just wanted a guide. He offered NOTHING helpful.
                  And to be honest, if you believe this is exceptable for a system seller, I do have a system to sell you. It's great but.... I can't tell you why. Maybe I should tell NickB from forex4noobs to take down that 80% win rate junk from his sales page.

juicyt

Comment

I think it depends on the system too - if it has too much discretion in it, any figure woudn't make too much sense since there's just too much variation. On the other hand, a strict mechanical system everyone should theoretically get the same results (broker feeds would give variations though, and particularly broker server times).

Did we just open a can of worms haha?? ;p

Comment

Originally posted by mlee View Post
                      I would tend to agree with Hector's comments - any kind of numbers put's an expectation, even limitation on what the student may/may not be able to do, whether they believe it or not. Maybe a conservative estimate is ok... but you could do better or could do worse, who's to say what's possible or not for them.

Don't want to ramble on, lol... but just my honest 2 cents.
                      I totally agree with you.

Honest vendors don't make definite predictions and only fools expect them. It's mindboggling how ****** some people can be. They are basically begging to get scammed by those who are too eager to offer any kind of expectations or even a guarantee (heck, sometimes with double your money back - good luck with that).

Comment

Originally posted by mlee View Post
                        I think it depends on the system too - if it has too much discretion in it, any figure woudn't make too much sense since there's just too much variation. On the other hand, a strict mechanical system everyone should theoretically get the same results (broker feeds would give variations though, and particularly broker server times).

Did we just open a can of worms haha?? ;p
                        The past is not an indication of the future. Yes, you have the right to get some information about the past performance, but not what your performance could be in future. I understand that's the main issue here.

Apologies if I got this wrong, but I have seen too many of those threads where people complain because a vendor did not promise them something he really could not. No vendor can promise you anything in terms of future performance, for instance. At least, not in good faith. At best, to get your money.

Comment

BTW, I know nothing about the Hector guy or his system. These are just generic comments.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          Working...
                          X