sRs Trend Rider

• 3 months later...
sRs Trend Rider is almost the same as Child's Play system by Farhan. Just change the SMAs from 14, 6 and 4, to 13, 5 and 3. Money management also slightly different but nothing to worry about. Again both are similar to LMT but with much better confirming indicator than LMT. Many systems try to do better but are too complicated and fail, these simple ones are the best. Always use proper risk control, e.g. http://www.forexcalc.com. Both systems work fantastically on a strongly trending market, but be more cautious on ranging market, or trade only D1 and H4 to eliminate noise during the choppier conditions. You still make nice profits by implementing strict money management, only one trade open at a time because you will see all pairs are correlated and can make risk percentage too high. Edited by witzcowitz

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This semi automated trading system is so simple yet very acuurate and consistently profitable when implemented correctly. It is a lethal pip pulling machine but my only minor issue with this trading system is that it should have incorporated some type of trailing stop loss in the EA which would stay closer to the price action after the first TP1 was reached. The static SL which trend rider uses is OK bug only until the first TP level is reached. After this it should trail the price action to minimise any potential loss from trend reversals !

i wouldnt want to use fully automated. I like the fact that it has a manual component which is actually a very important step of setting your entry and stop loss levels by visual observation of the charts of the most recemt swing highs and lows. I was only suggesting that a trailing stoploss should have been incorporated also within the EA itself but perhaps vladimir decided that this feature may have closed the 2nd part of the trade too eaely.

i wouldnt want to use fully automated. I like the fact that it has a manual component which is actually a very important step of setting your entry and stop loss levels by visual observation of the charts of the most recemt swing highs and lows. I was only suggesting that a trailing stoploss should have been incorporated also within the EA itself but perhaps vladimir decided that this feature may have closed the 2nd part of the trade too eaely.

I know what you mean. Perhaps an EA wouldn't do as well as you would on the trades that you'd take. On the other hand the EA could watch and trade more pairs and while you sleep too :) Kinda the difference between doing the work yourself and getting a slave to do it for you: he might not be terribly good or motivated but on the bright side you don't have to do the work. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...