Share a working strategy with Megadroid Pro XE 1.21 ?

Hi all,

I've been playing with EAs for a few weeks now, bit paranoid before I go live..

Anyhow I've been demoing a few bot (forward testing). Most interesting results have been gotten from MD Pro XE.

I found that if if I only trade (demo) during Australian AEST business hours ie 9-5 I can generate a steady 10% a day. (work computer). Sometimes better just using default settings with ADT zones all on.

If I try trade 24/7 5.5 - I get peaks and dips all over the place (24/7 5.5 on my home computer). Hitting stop losses every now any then.

Anyways, I started doing some backtesting on the EURUSD pair.. and no matter what, I just can't get positive results.

I ran backtesting on MD Pro with many different settings... Aggressive on/off, recovery on/off, different trade times, ADT with various GMT zones, Different risk settings... I ran back test starting January 1st this year till April 1st and results are not good. In the end none of the tests were positive. Maybe it makes some small profits, but when Stop loss is hit, I lose a good chunk!

why is that ? Is back testing not reliable?

How can someone make money this way?

I read someone said:

" There is no perfect trader, trading system, or robot. You will get stopped out and you will lose a trade eventually. The whole point is to minimize the number of losing trades and manage your money wisely when trading."

I thought MD has 95% win? Well maybe 95% small wins, 5% huge losses on stop losses.

How do I minimize losing trades and getting stopped out all the time?

That brings me to my next question.. what is the recommended strategy ?

To withdraw straight away when good profits are made?

Or to try increase the account size over time?

Cos I don't think an account will ever grow given how big stop losses are.

Any help appreciated.

If any one could suggest some settings and strategies, would be very helpful thanks!:)

• 3 months later...
Ive been trading live MD Pro 2 months now all 4 pairs.It hit only one s/l and it was my fault!MD pro has this new strategy when it cant reach profit in time it closes the trade with minimum loss and wont wait for s/l.Also i think that trading agressive on is better than agressive off.You need to start with minimum 1000$ and apply proper money managment dont risk too much.Dont withdraw straight away if you have good profits,wait for balance to grow.when balance is bigger than bigger the profits.

I am trading only default 4 pairs EUR/USD,EUR/CHF,EUR/GBP,USD/CHF.I use MD Pro without news filter because i think the filter mises a lot of trades.I filter manually trough calendar, news like FED funds rate,statements,mostly US statements those are very bad news for MD.Megadroid N1 is also good set and forget system for VPS,but i cant afford VPS for myself anytime soon.And settings i use prety much the same everyone uses.Agressive on,recovery and risk sharing off.My starting balance was 1000$ i risk 10% on every pair.

Yes i use only default logic for each pair

Oh are you useing MD Pro 1.01xe?

I find that with all EA's I have used, I can tell its working when I see white text on the charts and smiley face in the corner.

With MD Pro I get the smiley, but no white text on the charts, and hence no trades.

(Am I supposed to have a Reciept code?)

Any ideas?

Edited by li21

I use MD Pro 1.01ee from TheOzakis post.Did you copyed Megadroid.dll to the libraries folder?Or maybe you should check when attaching EA theres option allow dll imports it must be ticked and confirm dll function calls must be unticked.And you should check expert and journals tab in MT4 whats it saying when EA is attached to the chart

YeP I use the same one Theozakis linked.

I have the correct boxes checked, eg import dll, uncheck confirm dll import ,allow live trading etc.

Ive never had a problem with setting up any EAs..MD1.21, Robominer, FAP Turbo etc..

But its just this MDpro that is strange. I;ll try your suggestion when i get home.

Should I also assume the S1/S2 times etc leave as default?

Yes better leave the time setting off because its very risky.You must know what you're doing when playing with those.I played a little with time setting had turned it on, didnt change the default time and used eur/chf pair in backtesting and it showed insane profits over short period of time like martingale.

OMG I realised I had the .dll file in the wrong folder. Its working now, finally after months!

and traded already .. made $3 on my $1000 live account :P

So I left everything default, but i just put the risk setting down to 0.05 (5%) to be a bit conservative. :)